LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Regarding Free Agent QBs, what Draft Scenario Should Niner Fans root for?

Regarding Free Agent QBs, what Draft Scenario Should Niner Fans root for?

The Alex Smith trade to the Redskins got me thinking about our position. Is it better for QB-needy teams to pick up veterans ahead of us or behind us? I could see arguments for both... If they go in front of us that may hopefully drop a top QB into our slot-making a trade down to accumulate additional picks a real possibility. On the other hand, if they go to teams behind us, the QB needy teams like the Jets and Broncos will draft QBs and hopefully drop one of the elite prospects into our lap.

Apologies if this is being discussed somewhere else but I thought this was the best place to pose the question.
Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:
The Alex Smith trade to the Redskins got me thinking about our position. Is it better for QB-needy teams to pick up veterans ahead of us or behind us? I could see arguments for both... If they go in front of us that may hopefully drop a top QB into our slot-making a trade down to accumulate additional picks a real possibility. On the other hand, if they go to teams behind us, the QB needy teams like the Jets and Broncos will draft QBs and hopefully drop one of the elite prospects into our lap.

Apologies if this is being discussed somewhere else but I thought this was the best place to pose the question.
if teams before us pick up FA QB, then they will be the ones making the trades to get more draft picks

We are pretty much set to take the BPA/Need
I'm still very much hopeful of a trade down. Less teams picking QB ahead of us I would think a QB would be around someone would want to move up for(I'm looking at you Buffalo)
Share 49ersWebzone