LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Duke Ejiofor DE Wake Forest

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Aldon wasn't the greatest quick twitch guy either

Smith was smooth though, he didn't have tight hips.

AND he had 35.5" arms
AND he had criminally underrated lateral agility
AND he maximized the leverage he gained from core strength and those long arms with hand placement to create the soft edge that most speed rushers exploit with their get off and dip.

Aldon's dumbass mistakes screwed us, but he was truly a freak, and revisionists often undersell his physical traits.

I'll be surprised if Duke doesn't have equally long arms. First thing I noticed about him on film. That's part of what makes him so hard to block. Better football player than an athlete I believe, not unlike Bradley Chubb.

Really looking forward to the combine!
He's a lock for the first round if he has 35+ inch arms
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Feb 8, 2018 at 11:34 PM ]
He reminds me of a more athletic aron lynch.
Originally posted by Izyniner:

He's nothing like Aaron Lynch. Watch Aaron Lynch in college. Dude was athletic and explosive as f**k. He had a 1.5 10-yard split at his pro day. There was a point in time where "Aaron Lynch vs Jadeveon Clowney" was a real debate with substance.

Waste of talent.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 9, 2018 at 5:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Izyniner:

He's nothing like Aaron Lynch. Watch Aaron Lynch in college. Dude was athletic and explosive as f**k. He had a 1.5 10-yard split at his pro day. There was a point in time where "Aaron Lynch vs Jadeveon Clowney" was a real debate with substance.

Waste of talent.

Yeah Lynch was an absulolute MEAST. his athleticism was off the charts
Duke Ejiofor/DE-OLB/Wake Forest had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder. Won't be working out at the combine- more: draftanalyst.com/ejiofor-comple…

Means his stock should drop. Can prob get him in the 4th
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Duke Ejiofor/DE-OLB/Wake Forest had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder. Won't be working out at the combine- more: draftanalyst.com/ejiofor-comple…

Damn.

I think that's really going to hurt his stock. He already wasn't very athletic on tape. I'm sure teams were eager to see how he tested.

Damn.

I think that's really going to hurt his stock. He already wasn't very athletic on tape. I'm sure teams were eager to see how he tested.

Could be our gain, the combine is so overrated. He can rush the passer, don't need to see him prance about in shorts.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Damn.

Could be our gain, the combine is so overrated. He can rush the passer, don't need to see him prance about in shorts.

What's the timeline on that recovery though? Like 5 months or so? Also it was very important to see him out there, his issue is lack of athletic ability. His 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle could have helped him/or hurt him even more.

I like Duke but it's the NFL you need to be athletic vs these OTs.

Sounds like he might drop quit a bit now too bad for him.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Damn.

What's the timeline on that recovery though? Like 5 months or so? Also it was very important to see him out there, his issue is lack of athletic ability. His 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle could have helped him/or hurt him even more.

I like Duke but it's the NFL you need to be athletic vs these OTs.

Sounds like he might drop quit a bit now too bad for him.

Supposed to be ready for camp but won't be able to participate in any drills until after the combine. Going from a day 2 to day 3 for sure. Love to pick him up in the 4th

Supposed to be ready for camp but won't be able to participate in any drills until after the combine. Going from a day 2 to day 3 for sure. Love to pick him up in the 4th

Really? Labrum recovery is suppose to be a 5-6 month recovery (reported from the Trent brown surgery) if he just had the surgery that's gonna put him end of July early August. He's gonna miss OTAs, rookie mini camps, and might miss some of training camp as well depending on recovery/setbacks.

I'm down to take a look at him later in the draft no doubt, he's gonna be a day 3 guy for sure.

Really? Labrum recovery is suppose to be a 5-6 month recovery (reported from the Trent brown surgery) if he just had the surgery that's gonna put him end of July early August. He's gonna miss OTAs, rookie mini camps, and might miss some of training camp as well depending on recovery/setbacks.

I'm down to take a look at him later in the draft no doubt, he's gonna be a day 3 guy for sure.

We've had good luck with our 5th rounders so far
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

That, and his shoulders won't get the strength and conditioning that you'd want in your 1st NFL season. This doesn't hinder his best asset, his footwork but we'll have to be very careful with him until November. I still think that he's a steal in the 3rd round.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
He's a lock for the first round if he has 35+ inch arms

34 7/8" arms. That's tied for the longest among all DL. I'm glad my eyes weren't lying to me that he's got pretty freaky length.

But damn, I really wanted to see this guy perform at the combine.
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
34 7/8" arms.

Oh, I like that. That length goes nicely with his hand usage.

I totally forgot about Ejiofor during the combine. It blows that he was hurt. I wanted to gauge his athleticism.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 4, 2018 at 9:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone