LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

Duke Ejiofor DE Wake Forest

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I see him as maybe THE highest floor ER in the draft but quite a limited ceiling compared to the really highly touted prospects over the years. Great hands and technique, but I don't see as much from the speed and agility aspect. Definitely a large variety of pass rush moves in his arsenal.

I agree, but in this draft, with our needs that's probably good enough for us.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I agree, but in this draft, with our needs that's probably good enough for us.

For the right value, certainly
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Jan 26, 2018 at 8:22 AM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
For the right value, certainly

Adrian, who are the 5 that rock your boat? I'll give you mine, in no particular order: S. Barkley, D. James, J. Jackson, B. Chubb, and C. Ridley. Barkley needs no explanation, D. James has wide range capability and can deliver Chancellor hits, J. Jackson has the play making ability I seriously haven't seen since D. Sanders, B. Chubb reminds me of a B. Smith/ R. White type guy, and C. Ridley is all by himself, his separation/burst is not equal. How can I forget Q. Nelson, dude is Joe Thomas but plays guard, will not miss a game and make 10 straight pro bowls. Have fun choosing Johnny.
Originally posted by JimmyJesus:
Adrian, who are the 5 that rock your boat? I'll give you mine, in no particular order: S. Barkley, D. James, J. Jackson, B. Chubb, and C. Ridley. Barkley needs no explanation, D. James has wide range capability and can deliver Chancellor hits, J. Jackson has the play making ability I seriously haven't seen since D. Sanders, B. Chubb reminds me of a B. Smith/ R. White type guy, and C. Ridley is all by himself, his separation/burst is not equal. How can I forget Q. Nelson, dude is Joe Thomas but plays guard, will not miss a game and make 10 straight pro bowls. Have fun choosing Johnny.

I tend to not really watch players that I think are out of reach, but out of the consensus top 50 picks, I really like Rashaan Evans and Dallas Goedert and Isaiah Wynn. I'm hoping for a trade down with our first pick, but I'd take Nelson if were not able.

I like Barkley, a LOT, but I'd rather keep Hyde and get a guy like Dion Lewis on FA and save our draft capital for other positions, or at the least, draft Ronald Jones or Sony Michel in the 2nd. Not as high on Derwin James or Jackson.

I have a thread in the mock draft sibforum where I keep an updated list of the players that tickle my pickle. Most I've had in there since May, but I've added and removed some over time
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Jan 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM ]

Another kid to keep an eye on at the combine. If he does well in the 3 cone 20 yard shuttle could be a steal for someone. This yrs Carl Lawson
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Another kid to keep an eye on at the combine. If he does well in the 3 cone 20 yard shuttle could be a steal for someone. This yrs Carl Lawson

1st tape I've watched on him and he's impressive, has crazy burst at the snap which has the T reaching on his heals, what round do you think he goes in if he kills the combine ?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
1st tape I've watched on him and he's impressive, has crazy burst at the snap which has the T reaching on his heals, what round do you think he goes in if he kills the combine ?

granted it's a highlight tape so he looks good I think part of his issue is he's not athletic, kinda a slow-twitch guy. He's got violent hands and is strong. Seems to have some pass rush moves as well.

I think he's a top 100 player 3rd-4th rd. I don't see him killing the combine but if he does that will shoot him up the boards top 50 maybe
Originally posted by jersey49er:

granted it's a highlight tape so he looks good I think part of his issue is he's not athletic, kinda a slow-twitch guy. He's got violent hands and is strong. Seems to have some pass rush moves as well.

I think he's a top 100 player 3rd-4th rd. I don't see him killing the combine but if he does that will shoot him up the boards top 50 maybe

Aldon wasn't the greatest quick twitch guy either
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
The guy is tough to get a clean block on. Great hands and feet. Can't wait to see this guys measurables. Moves great for 275. Not really the strongest lineman, but he sure is crafty.
God I'm just happy it seems we can get a nickle edge with the Saints pick and beyond. Incase we don't take one in the first.

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Smith was smooth though, he didn't have tight hips.

AND he had 35.5" arms
AND he had criminally underrated lateral agility
AND he maximized the leverage he gained from core strength and those long arms with hand placement to create the soft edge that most speed rushers exploit with their get off and dip.

Aldon's dumbass mistakes screwed us, but he was truly a freak, and revisionists often undersell his physical traits.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

AND he had 35.5" arms
AND he maximized the leverage he gained from core strength and those long arms with hand placement to create the soft edge that most speed rushers exploit with their get off and dip.

Aldon's dumbass mistakes screwed us, but he was truly a freak, and revisionists often undersell his physical traits.

he was a freak god damn
Don't forget he was a solid 265 lbs! Mass moves mass. He had the levers, mass, and technique.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

AND he had 35.5" arms

he was a freak god damn

Originally posted by Heroism:
Don't forget he was a solid 265 lbs! Mass moves mass. He had the levers, mass, and technique.

I was just saying not everyone has Von Miller athleticism and quick twitch
Share 49ersWebzone