LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Kyle Lauletta-QB-Richmond

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Gonna be low key funny if this dude is Peterman 2.0 lol.

Peterman was awful QB prospect who only got drafted because he ran a "pro style" offense at Pitt.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Peterman was awful QB prospect who only got drafted because he ran a "pro style" offense at Pitt.

Remember hearing he had good poise,touch and accuracy.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 19, 2018 at 3:57 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Remember hearing he had good poise,touch and accuracy.

No. No & No.

He wasn't awful. He was a decent mid to late round QB prospect with good mobility and short area accuracy. Still way too early to write the guy off because he had a terrible debut game.
Watch this kid end up being a first round pick.
How this guy gets more pub than Mike White is beyond me.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He wasn't awful. He was a decent mid to late round QB prospect with good mobility and short area accuracy. Still way too early to write the guy off because he had a terrible debut game.

You were the biggest supporter of him, not surprising you aren't off the bandwagon yet.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by reasonable1:
How this guy gets more pub than Mike White is beyond me.

Errbody looking for dat Jimmy Jesus!!!
You were the biggest supporter of him, not surprising you aren't off the bandwagon yet.

No reason to be. At minimum he's a guy that I can see hanging around the NFL as a solid backup QB for quite awhile. If he was as terrible as some say he would have been bouncing around the league, team to team like Brad Kayaa.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Gets to sit and learn for a couple seasons.

Makes you wonder why Giants have no faith in 23 year old Davis Webb. The new regime wants nothing to do with the stink of the McAdoo/Reese era.

Soooooooooo over-rated in the Zone!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Soooooooooo over-rated in the Zone!

Yet he's likely to be starting for the Bills. People jumped all over the guy for one really bad game as a rookie but by all accounts he's had a really good preseason and was the favorite to be the starter ahead of McCarron for most of training camp. He's completed 85% of his passes in preseason action thus far and at worst is looking like a solid backup QB. Unlike Beathard, he seems to have improved from the preseason a year ago.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/8/18/17734030/buffalo-bills-starting-quarterback-interesting-friday-night-josh-allen-nathan-peterman-aj-mccarron

It's hard to imagine a scenario in which Peterman could have put a better foot forward than he has thus far in preseason action. In roughly two and a half quarters' worth of play, with the first-team offense (against Carolina) and the third-team offense (in Cleveland), Peterman has completed 17 of 20 passes for 231 yards with two touchdowns and one (not-entirely-his-fault) turnover. That's good for a quarterback rating of 127.3.
This competition was always Peterman v. McCarron, with Allen's progress (or lack thereof) serving as the wild card. Allen is playing well, and has kept himself in the conversation as a result. But even before the injury, McCarron had fallen behind Peterman, and not just because of Peterman's near-perfect performance. Peterman had looked sharper and more in command of the offense, and most importantly, offered some extra juice in terms of escapability and playmaking outside of the pocket.
Right now, it's easy to argue that the Week 1 starting job in Baltimore is Peterman's to lose. Allen needs a shot with the first-team offense to truly round out the evaluation, and we all know that it's only a matter of time before Allen takes over the starting job, hopefully permanently. But it'd be a tough sell to argue that Allen has outplayed Peterman in preseason action. Peterman has been quite good.
There's no reason to get ahead of ourselves here; the Bills won't be doing that to themselves, either. The starting job is (probably) now a Peterman-or-Allen proposition, and a week from tomorrow, both will likely see time with the first-team offense in their most important exhibition performance yet.

As far as Lauletta, he's closing in the gap on Davis Webb to be the Giants backup QB.

https://www.giants.com/news/rookie-qb-kyle-lauletta-adjusts-quickly-to-pro-game

"He's very calm, and I think he finds a way to make plays," coach Pat Shurmur said. "He had a nice deep ball down the sideline to Amba (Etta-Tawo) that ended up being a (pass interference penalty). In fact, somebody asked me at one point why we practice the one-handed catches – that was it right there. They arm-barred us and Amba had a chance to make the one-handed catch. We got the penalty, but we certainly would've wanted the catch. But I (think) he's got a calm presence about him. I think he lost control of the clock once, we got the ball snapped, but those are all things you learn when you're playing. So, it wasn't a bad performance to start out for him."
"It felt good," Lauletta said. "I felt comfortable back there. I think at times the offense just kind of hurt themselves, whether it was a penalty or one missed assignment or something like that. It kind set us back, but I thought we had some positive things. All in all, I thought I did my job, I thought I did what I needed to do."
Lauletta is third on the depth chart, behind entrenched starter Eli Manning and second-year backup Davis Webb. Most of his training camp reps have been with the third-team offense.
But Lauletta has demonstrated a detailed grasp of the offense, an ability to make quick and correct decisions, and an accurate throwing arm. And there's his preternatural serenity, which was on display in his first NFL game action.

Dude has some wiggle too.

Peterman has looked a lot better this preseason than Beathard has.
Share 49ersWebzone