LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
BTW, his brother, Taulia, is another one to watch out for.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by TheNef77:
IMO 3rd round pick, good arm, but his height will hurt his stock. He looks more like 5'10" than 6'0".

You mad at him too for not going to UH?

Not mad at all, I'm just not a homer when it comes to kids outta Hawaii. How about we let Tua play a full season first before labeling him a 1st round pick.

But you can call him a 3rd round pick? Yeah he mad

Thats actually pretty good considering Jake Coker who had height, poise and good arm strength wasn't even drafted.

AJ McArron is the prototype QB for the NFL and he wasn't even drafted high.

Russell Wilson would've been a 1st round pick if not for his height.
State of Hawaii is QBU. Mariota in the playoffs, McKenzie Milton of UCF went undefeated and beat SEC favorite Auburn and Tua just put Bama on his back and won the National championship. It ain't all grass skirts and pineapples here lol

Watch out for Soljay Maiava and Chevan Cordeiro coming up too.

Lol we'll see about Chevan Cordeiro, he seems thin and small with a below average arm. The kid is a gamer, but he's definitely gonna have to eat more cheeseburgers and improve in strength and mechanics.

Saw him take hit after hit in the state tourney and still throw spot on passes both with and without his feet set. He already reads defenses better than some college QBs

if kahuku can provide soljay with a legit qb guru he would be even more deadly
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by bkbkeahi:
State of Hawaii is QBU. Mariota in the playoffs, McKenzie Milton of UCF went undefeated and beat SEC favorite Auburn and Tua just put Bama on his back and won the National championship. It ain't all grass skirts and pineapples here lol

Lol we'll see about Chevan Cordeiro, he seems thin and small with a below average arm. The kid is a gamer, but he's definitely gonna have to eat more cheeseburgers and improve in strength and mechanics.

Saw him take hit after hit in the state tourney and still throw spot on passes both with and without his feet set. He already reads defenses better than some college QBs

Kahuku can't even figure out what head coach they want for all of the kids. Maiava travels a lot tho getting great help in the offseason.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
Cheehooo!! Happy for the young kid from HI. Went to the same high school as Marcus Mariota and Barrack Obama.

Saint Louis has churned out some big names that played in the NFL.

Obama went to Punahou--not SL

Kahuku can't even figure out what head coach they want for all of the kids. Maiava travels a lot tho getting great help in the offseason.

Yeah I wonder what they going do. How was that fake missile threat ah, I was trippin!
I say we trade Jimmy for this kid when the time comes
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Yeah I wonder what they going do. How was that fake missile threat ah, I was trippin!

yeah man, poor guy must be in hiding right now. Getting all the dirty looks lol
Man I wish this kid was in the 2019 draft. Could you imagine the price it would cost for some desperate team to trade up into the #1 spot and select him? Hell, I'd have to think long and hard about selecting him and then trading Jimmy for a ton and that's no knock on Jimmy at all.

Tua has natural gifts that takes many QB's years in the NFL before they are able to polish their craft. His ability to lead receivers and hit guys in stride down field is right up there with some of the best in the NFL. His pocket awareness and poise is also rarely seen in such a young QB.

He'd be a rock star in the Bay and the ideal QB for a KS offense.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Man I wish this kid was in the 2019 draft. Could you imagine the price it would cost for some desperate team to trade up into the #1 spot and select him? Hell, I'd have to think long and hard about selecting him and then trading Jimmy for a ton and that's no knock on Jimmy at all.

Tua has natural gifts that takes many QB's years in the NFL before they are able to polish their craft. His ability to lead receivers and hit guys in stride down field is right up there with some of the best in the NFL. His pocket awareness and poise is also rarely seen in such a young QB.

He'd be a rock star in the Bay and the ideal QB for a KS offense.

a lot can happen in a year... but I think we'll be fine with Jimmy. Just draft a stud passrusher in the draft and keep developing the young guys

I have a strange sick feeling that a part of these Raider moves is prep work for landing Tua if he enters the 2020 draft.
Unbelievable play this year. Means one thing. Get ready for the regression and interceptions next year.
Do you guys think the Giants would take him because they need a quarterback so bad? It looks like we're going to fight with the Cardinals bills and Raiders for a pass rusher
Originally posted by elguapo:
Do you guys think the Giants would take him because they need a quarterback so bad? It looks like we're going to fight with the Cardinals bills and Raiders for a pass rusher

Next year or what?
Go Uce! Bama D crushing it but Tua's playing with a chip on his shoulder.
Share 49ersWebzone