There are 138 users in the forums

Marquise Haynes OLB Ole Miss

Anybody know anything about this guy?
Watching his highlights makes me think he'll be a star,he's invited to the senior bowl so I guess we'll see.
Great size and athleticism to play SAM for us. I haven't seen him in any mocks
Haynes might be the oldest player in the draft. He'll be a 25*-year-old rookie.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 4, 2018 at 9:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Haynes might be the oldest player in the draft. He'll be a 26-year-old rookie.

Born:
December 16, 1993 (age 24)

He'll turn 25 at the end of his rookie year. Hayden Hurst has him beat by about 4 months
Originally posted by saniner:
Born:
December 16, 1993 (age 24)

He'll turn 25 at the end of his rookie year. Hayden Hurst has him beat by about 4 months

Whoops, you're correct. That's still damn old.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 4, 2018 at 9:33 PM ]

Has anybody seen him play I don't get sec football in my part of the world unless it's one of the top teams.
He sounds like he has all the traits necessary to have an impact on Sunday's
Originally posted by Bellaleo:

Has anybody seen him play I don't get sec football in my part of the world unless it's one of the top teams.

Situational pass rusher who's rising up boards, could be on our board in the 3rd if hes still there and we pass on Landry

IMO, Day 3 prospect. A twitchy athlete with great get off. Has a long, lanky build. Primarily a speed rusher. Plays with tenacity. Unfortunately, he's severely undersized(listed at 230 lbs) and struggles to disengage, and as noted above, he's pretty damn old, which means he's likely close to his physical genetic potential. What you see is what you get.

Reminds me of Dadi Nicolas.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 4, 2018 at 11:28 PM ]
One trick pony. Would rather have Okoronkwo.
Hey if hes there in the 5th..pull the trigger.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
One trick pony. Would rather have Okoronkwo.

Situational pass rusher, something he's good at.......hey what do the 49ers need on defense that we have all been grumbling about?

If Haynes is there in the 3rd and beyond, you send that damn envelope in as fast as you can!!!

Solid pass rusher, many many TFL's and a humble kid!!!

Groom as a SAM.
He could be another late round gem for Lynch
Feel like teams will overlook his age if he keeps performing well in the draft process
Haynes to Davenport. TD!
Feel like teams will overlook his age if he keeps performing well in the draft process

One thing I liked about older players with value based on where they're selected... More day one ready to take things seriously(maturity) and IQ playing football and going through life a bit longer IMO.

So far the knocks are too light and a bit older..
Share 49ersWebzone