LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

The Marcus Davenport Hype Train Is Leaving the Station

Originally posted by Jcool:

They gave up two first rounders for him to run a stunt versus missed protection?

I know Saints need to hype him up given the 2 first round investment but he's had much more impressive moments than that lol.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
They lost a 5th round safety and a 6th round cb . 3 are on the 53 man, and the last 2 are on the practice squad. I see nothing wrong . They have a solid roster so not everyone will make it.

Davenport and smith and clapp are the only dudes on the roster from what I've seen? Everyone else got cut or is on another roster so 7 picks and really only two players, Clapp isn't active on game day I believe.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 9, 2018 at 7:13 AM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
They lost a 5th round safety and a 6th round cb . 3 are on the 53 man, and the last 2 are on the practice squad. I see nothing wrong . They have a solid roster so not everyone will make it.

Davenport and smith and clapp are the only dudes on the roster from what I've seen? Everyone else got cut or is on another roster so 7 picks and really only two players, Clapp isn't active on game day I believe.

Wow, apparently that's how smart teams move on from their own mistakes.
[ Edited by Koldo on Oct 9, 2018 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Boston Scott is on the practice squad. So 4/7 are still with their squad. They probably tried to move the last 3 to their practice squad but all three were claimed or swooped up by other teams.

My original point was their drafting has been nice lately. Can't fault them for wanting to keep their contender roster together instead of clearing out 7 spots for rookies.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
2 sacks, 2 TFL, 2 QB hits.

Originally posted by Jcool:
2 sacks, 2 TFL, 2 QB hits.

That's a good stat line. Of course, he was playing the backup LT, with Riley Reiff inactive...
And we will be able to draft or a sign a better edge rusher this year. McGlinchey was the right pick.
Not sure if he'll ever be great and worth the 1sts they threw at him but he's got a nice speed/ strength combo that should give him a decent career.
This dude may realize his potential in the future, but right now, he was absolutely not worth what they gave up to get him. Dude was meh during the regular season and ghost in the playoffs.

It's disconcerting that two the edge rushers the Niners reportedly very interested in the last two years(Davenport and Tarell Basham) have been incredibly underwhelming.
Originally posted by Heroism:
This dude may realize his potential in the future, but right now, he was absolutely not worth what they gave up to get him. Dude was meh during the regular season and ghost in the playoffs.

It's disconcerting that two the edge rushers the Niners reportedly very interested in the last two years(Davenport and Tarell Basham) have been incredibly underwhelming.

Saleh must be telling Lynch and company what kinda traits he likes.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Saleh must be telling Lynch and company what kinda traits he likes.

Focusing in on those pass coverage skills...
I saw the few sacks and big plays he had and they were plays he made. Earned those sacks. No freebies like marsh was getting . Looks like he can build on it. Didn't watch him at all the rest of the season or hear much about him besides some injuries .
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Not really impressed with him thus far, too bad the Saints couldn't wait a year to address edge.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Not really impressed with him thus far, too bad the Saints couldn't wait a year to address edge.

I'm okay with it.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by FL9er:

I'm okay with it.

Yeah me too.
Share 49ersWebzone