There are 219 users in the forums

WR Marcell Ateman Oklahoma State

Ateman is another WR from the forthcoming draft that will be a 24-year-old rookie in the NFL. Why is this WR group so old?
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 4, 2018 at 7:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Ateman is another WR from the forthcoming draft that will be a 24-year-old rookie in the NFL. Why is this WR group so old?

Good point, theres several prospects like this, wonder how much that will affect their draft selection? Then we have Solly who is 22 as of late August and a season under his belt and will only get stronger
Originally posted by irishluder:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Good point, theres several prospects like this, wonder how much that will affect their draft selection? Then we have Solly who is 22 as of late August and a season under his belt and will only get stronger

I think were setup nicely to add some guys who have more life/college experience. Gotta know a players circumstances over their college careers as well.

Guess the Niners might be high on him
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Love this dude when I was going through the WR prospects a couple of months back. Absolutely love his dominant style and jump ball capability.

I hope is true the 9ers are high on him.
looks good, and has decent speed as well. projected 3rd round. would love to get him there, since we have some bigger needs than WR. but that would be a perfect pick for this team.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Feb 18, 2018 at 2:38 PM ]
Who and why they leak were high on him?
Originally posted by Rascal:
Love this dude when I was going through the WR prospects a couple of months back. Absolutely love his dominant style and jump ball capability.

Reported he might run a 4.45 and post a 40+ vert (at 6-4 220) I'd be down for that with our 2nd.

Man I want to move down in this draft
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
looks good, and has decent speed as well. projected 3rd round. would love to get him there, since we have some bigger needs than WR. but that would be a perfect pick for this team.

I don't think he's gonna be a 3rd round guy after the combine
He has great size, but in the NFL he'll really need to sharpen his route running to get open. NFL.com draft profiles say he's a 4-5th rd pick.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Reported he might run a 4.45 and post a 40+ vert (at 6-4 220) I'd be down for that with our 2nd.

4.45 for such a big dude is pretty impressive. To be honest, I like his tape more than most of the higher ranked prospects.

I am open to moving down unless they are high on Quenton Nelson. If that's the case, we may have to move up our 2nd by a few spots if necessary to get Ateman.

That would be ridiculous, but I'll believe it when I see it.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 18, 2018 at 3:45 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran

He's listed as a potential 4th-5th round prospect....he would have to have an amazing combine to move up to the 2nd if not late 1st round but then you have to wonder if his injury history keeps that from happening.
[ Edited by jcs on Feb 18, 2018 at 3:46 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:

He's listed as a potential 4th-5th round prospect....he would have to have an amazing combine to move up to the 2nd if not late 1st round but then you have to wonder if his injury history keeps that from happening.

I think that's crazy where he is listed, I'd put him in the 3rd now..
Originally posted by Rascal:

If he puts up numbers like that I bet a team takes him in the 1st..
Share 49ersWebzone