LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa

Lynch and Shanny clearly aren't shy about drafting out of Iowa. Could be a great day 3 steal. Would be so perfect in tandem with Ronald Jones II, but unfortunately, we have no business drafting 2 RBs

Ceiling: Shady McCoy, Jamaal Charles
Floor: Chris Thompson

Pros: Speed, quickness, burst, vision, balance, mental processing speed, ellusiveness, footwork, pad level, aggression, decisiveness, cutting ability, doesn't dance, north and south runner, can win the edge, hands catcher when running routes, good in space when catching screen plays.

Cons: Size, twig legs, ball security
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Dec 2, 2017 at 6:43 PM ]
Big fan of Wadley. I think he can be a better Chris Thompson.
I like Wadley. Good outside zone runner. He's also an excellent receiver out of the backfield. We're missing that element. Wadley is the type of RB you want running arrow and pivot routes out of the backfield in Kyle's offense. Jimmy hitting him in stride for the all-day YAC. He should be available late in the draft if Kyle wants him.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 6, 2017 at 10:08 PM ]
I want Love or Penny.. unless this guy is a day 3 pick we should pass
Love and penny are both great prospects, but i think both are over rated due to production (I hate to sound like production is a bad thing.) I think penny is a limited athlete.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Dec 4, 2017 at 1:23 PM ]
3:07 in that video . I think we need to use small quick and fast receiving backs that New England uses already. This guy seems like a perfect 3rd down back good find!
Damn, these jump cuts are nasty lol. It really makes you appreciate what Barkley does as an athlete. He can move like at nearly 40 lbs heavier.

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 5, 2017 at 3:17 PM ]
Wadley will be 2018 Kareem Hunt and really hope Niners do better job on taking him instead of going for red flags/ long term projects like last draft's Joe Williams .
[ Edited by NIMV4683 on Dec 6, 2017 at 9:36 AM ]
Really glad he will be playing in the Senior Bowl. Just a very good football player.
Went back and watched some of Iowa this past week. Wadley really jumped out. Dude's got pretty amazing change of direction ability, he's going to break some ankles at the NFL level, very difficult guy to tackle because of his agility and evasiveness. As others have said, I think he could be an outstanding 3rd down RB.

Originally posted by NIMV4683:
Wadley will be 2018 Kareem Hunt and really hope Niners do better job on taking him instead of going for red flags/ long term projects like last draft's Joe Williams .

I hope they stay away from any red flag types. Lynch was right on to take Williams off the board completely. Hopefully Shanahan is less stubborn about simply evaluating a guy on tape and will be taking a more comprehensive look at the person as a whole.
Given the countless hours Kyle spent watching Beathard, he had to have noticed Wadley and thought, "This guy would kill in my offense, especially on third down. "

The Shannys drafted Chris Thompson. Wadley is a very similar player.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 8, 2017 at 2:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Damn, these jump cuts are nasty lol. It really makes you appreciate what Barkley does as an athlete. He can move like at nearly 40 lbs heavier.

Love this kid in the mid rds...not a three down back but looks like a play-maker.

You think we keep Hyde?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Love this kid in the mid rds...not a three down back but looks like a play-maker.

You think we keep Hyde?

Jesus christ my lord and savior. Hes only 170 lbs. Dude might not even be drafted.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NIMV4683:

I hope they stay away from any red flag types. Lynch was right on to take Williams off the board completely. Hopefully Shanahan is less stubborn about simply evaluating a guy on tape and will be taking a more comprehensive look at the person as a whole.

Williams will shock the world next season.
Share 49ersWebzone