There are 126 users in the forums

Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Huh? How do you project how a player fits in a scheme with numbers? You should be evaluating traits, not numbers.

Kyle has stated many times that he rarely looks at player stats.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 14, 2018 at 10:07 AM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Didn't he only do this once? I love the other free agent picks however.

Twice 12 this yr and 14.5 in 2015....he's had some injuries and imo would be a solid pass rusher for us, depends on money and yrs
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Did a little research comparing Guice with both Barkley & Michel...

Guice had 3324 yds from scrimmage in his career. 32 rec, 7.8 avg w/11 TD in 2017 (3 seasons at LSU). He split some carries w/Fournette.

Barkley had 5038 yds from scrimmage. 102 rec, 11.7 avg had 18 TD in 2017 (3 seasons at Penn St)

Michel had 4234 yds from scrimmage, 64 rec, 9.7 avg, 16 TD in 2017 (4 seasons at GA). Michel split carries w/Chubb in their 4 seasons at GA.

Based on the RB's Shanahan had in Atlanta, of these 3 above I'd say either Michel or Barkley would be the best fits in his offense. My personal favorite is Michel...his game just looks perfect for Coach's expectations.

What in the world does stats have to do with scheme fit?

Love how you say he split some carries with Fournette lol
Originally posted by Heroism:
Huh? How do you project how a player fits in a scheme with numbers? You should be evaluating traits, not numbers.

Kyle has stated many times that he rarely looks at player stats.

lol This.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I have a feeling Seattle will snag him - kudos to them he's the real deal.

Ugh I'd be so pissed. I'd love to move down get extra picks and get this kid.

FA;
Jensen
Moncrief
Fuller
Ziggy

Draft:

Trade to 15 (get a 2nd)

1st. Guice
2nd.Tremaine Edmunds
2nd. Braden smith
3rd. Quenton Meeks
3rd Cedrick Wilson
4th: Josey Jewell

I could live with that lol.

Yeah I can see him falling right in their lap and at 18 t makes total sense. If we could trade down to 12-14 and snag him I'd be fine. Pick up a second and a future 1??? Never know!

FA;
Jensen
Moncrief
Fuller
Ziggy

Draft:

Trade to 15 (get a 2nd)

1st. Guice
2nd.Tremaine Edmunds
2nd. Braden smith
3rd. Quenton Meeks
3rd Cedrick Wilson

Yeah I can see him falling right in their lap and at 18 t makes total sense. If we could trade down to 12-14 and snag him I'd be fine. Pick up a second and a future 1??? Never know!

Yes!
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL. This guy is overrated in the same mold Mixon was last year. All last offseason i heard about how much better Guice was than Fournette. How Fournette wasnt even the best RB on the roster....LOL.

Guice is not even close to as good a prospect as Barkley, nor is he as good a fit for the system. Once again, Barkley is the best RB to come out since LT.

Neither will be 49ers.

What's overrated about his game? Just curious....I don't think there's a single person that doesn't think Barkley is the better RB. Dude is a beast without question

Guice seems to have good lateral quickness and burst through the holes, there's no dancing or hesitation....aren't those positives for our scheme?

He is being compared to Frank Gore...

Like seriously. "A young Frank Gore". lol.

People are also basically saying he and Barkley are essentially 1a and 1b as far as prospects are concerned. I highly disagree, Like i said, i think Barkley is the best RB prospect since LT. Guice Isn't even a better prospect than Fournette.

I like him, but i think he is highly overrated and not even close to the same level of a prospect as Barkley is my point.

Guice is way better than Barkley. Barkley demonstrates virtually no power whatsoever on the field. He has weight room strength that doesn't translate. Guice is the most powerful runner to come out since Marshawn Lynch, and he combines that with 4.35-4.45 speed. Watch his game vs. Louisville in '16:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqVHQcaLXvk

He's going top 10 after he runs that combine 40. I'm sensing a 4.35-4.39 time. He wasn't 100% this year, but when he's fully healthy, he's not getting caught in the open field.

FA;
Jensen
Moncrief
Fuller
Ziggy

Draft:

Trade to 15 (get a 2nd)

1st. Guice
2nd.Tremaine Edmunds
2nd. Braden smith
3rd. Quenton Meeks
3rd Cedrick Wilson

Yes!

That's a nice little off-season mock, but I'll still be disappointed if we select a RB in the first round, especially in a draft that is loaded at RB.

Give me that same exact mock off-season and switch Guice with Harold Landry and Wilson with the best available one-cut RB still on the board in the third round and we win the NFC West next season.

Like Barkley, Guice is a tremendous talent, but I don't see the value in selecting either in the top half of the first round.
Originally posted by darockzillahitman:
Guice is way better than Barkley. Barkley demonstrates virtually no power whatsoever on the field. He has weight room strength that doesn't translate. Guice is the most powerful runner to come out since Marshawn Lynch, and he combines that with 4.35-4.45 speed. Watch his game vs. Louisville in '16:

He's going top 10 after he runs that combine 40. I'm sensing a 4.35-4.39 time. He wasn't 100% this year, but when he's fully healthy, he's not getting caught in the open field.

I like Guice, I think he runs hard, has good vision and power, but it's ridiculous to state that he's way better than Barkley.

I think the comparison as a pure runner is close (I even said I think Guice might be better) where it isn't close is as a receiver, Barkley is hugely superior out of the backfield.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
That's a nice little off-season mock, but I'll still be disappointed if we select a RB in the first round, especially in a draft that is loaded at RB.

Give me that same exact mock off-season and switch Guice with Harold Landry and Wilson with the best available one-cut RB still on the board in the third round and we win the NFC West next season.

Like Barkley, Guice is a tremendous talent, but I don't see the value in selecting either in the top half of the first round.

I have us getting Ziggy as a LEO rusher for us. Guice helps the offensive line in run-blocking and helps jimmy G with the play-action. He would make that offense much better and more balanced.

We already have two one cut runners on the team with bredia and Williams. I think there's plenty of value in a trade down for him. We can also replace the Wilson pick with a speedy pass rusher like Lorenzo Carter.

LOL. This guy is overrated in the same mold Mixon was last year. All last offseason i heard about how much better Guice was than Fournette. How Fournette wasnt even the best RB on the roster....LOL.

Guice is not even close to as good a prospect as Barkley, nor is he as good a fit for the system. Once again, Barkley is the best RB to come out since LT.

Neither will be 49ers.

What's overrated about his game? Just curious....I don't think there's a single person that doesn't think Barkley is the better RB. Dude is a beast without question

Guice seems to have good lateral quickness and burst through the holes, there's no dancing or hesitation....aren't those positives for our scheme?

He is being compared to Frank Gore...

Like seriously. "A young Frank Gore". lol.

People are also basically saying he and Barkley are essentially 1a and 1b as far as prospects are concerned. I highly disagree, Like i said, i think Barkley is the best RB prospect since LT. Guice Isn't even a better prospect than Fournette.

I like him, but i think he is highly overrated and not even close to the same level of a prospect as Barkley is my point.

That run at 7:30 is what I love from him, he sees the hole and hits it. There's no dancing around or lost movement. Great vision, balance, power, and speed.

Barkley is a better overall RB prospect because of the pass catching abilities.
If we could land Smith and Guise

Would be awesome!!!
Originally posted by Nastastical:

FA;
Jensen
Moncrief
Fuller
Ziggy

Draft:

Trade to 15 (get a 2nd)

1st. Guice
2nd.Tremaine Edmunds
2nd. Braden smith
3rd. Quenton Meeks
3rd Cedrick Wilson

Yes!

I'm not disagreeing with you, but look at what Fournette has done for the Jags offense and their pedestrian qb. Obviously their defense is super talented, but imagine what our offense could do with a better o-line, jimmy G, and a premiere running back. Because of JG I'm ok if we take a RB. It simply means the offense will be more dynamic.
Originally posted by 4912:
If we could land Smith and Guise

Would be awesome!!!

Move down get Guice and take that 2nd we got in the trade down and get Tremaine Edmunds...boom!

LOL. That you Guice?
Share 49erswebzone