LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

I don't think Guice is better than Barkley.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I think Guice is a better pure RB, I think Barkley is a better all-around RB in the fact he's a better pass catcher.

I'd be happy as s**t if we got either one. Highly unlikely though
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by evil:
Don't say it....people will be mad if you comp him to him

Barlow ? Coffee ?

Frankie baby!

Its a horrible comparison lol. Just horrible.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Barlow ? Coffee ?

Frankie baby!

They were talking about a play where he was patient, got skinny and exploded through a small hole. Frankie style.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Barlow ? Coffee ?

Frankie baby!

They were talking about a play where he was patient, got skinny and exploded through a small hole. Frankie style.

So he has one play where he looks like frank? So does every other RB drafted in the top three rounds of every draft.

Overall he runs like a pinball. There is no comparison to Frank. These are two totally different style runners. its not even close.

There are much better comparisons to Frank coming out this year than Guice lol. The hype on this guy is getting to be a bit too much to handle. Who have we not seen this guy compared to on this board at this point ? LOL.

Another fact people dont want to admit around here, is that out of most of the consensus top 5 backs, Guise is likely the worst fit for Shannys system out of any of them.

Barkley, Jones, Michel, hell even Walton who could easily be had at the end of the second, are all better fits for the system than Guice.

He will have a solid career with someone, but it wont be the 49ers.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Barlow ? Coffee ?

Frankie baby!

So he has one play where he looks like frank? So does every other RB drafted in the top three rounds of every draft.

Overall he runs like a pinball. There is no comparison to Frank. These are two totally different style runners. its not even close.

There are much better comparisons to Frank coming out this year than Guice lol. The hype on this guy is getting to be a bit too much to handle. Who have we not seen this guy compared to on this board at this point ? LOL.

Another fact people dont want to admit around here, is that out of most of the consensus top 5 backs, Guise is likely the worst fit for Shannys system out of any of them.

Barkley, Jones, Michel, hell even Walton who could easily be had at the end of the second, are all better fits for the system than Guice.

Haha. Funny thing is my dude you could be 100% right...but the talent could be coached up to Shannys liking so why s**t on others' party
Everyone has their draft crushes, you just need to start using some funny gifs and let people live their dreams until draft day lol.

welp a lot of people are saying that

sorry dude.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 14, 2018 at 6:43 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

He has gotten that comparison from Daniel Jeremiah (among others) after watching all of his tape. He runs with a low center of gravity and behind his pads, patient runner with good vision and balance and is difficult to bring down...all traits Frank possessed. And you can see a little Frank in some of that tape.

Bobby Turner wants coachable guys who display toughness, patience, good quickness with their feet and cutting ability. Guice has all of those traits and would fit the system pretty well. That said I doubt he will be a 49er but he would be a great back to have here if things worked out that way.

He has gotten that comparison from Daniel Jeremiah (among others) after watching all of his tape. He runs with a low center of gravity and behind his pads, patient runner with good vision and balance and is difficult to bring down...all traits Frank possessed. And you can see a little Frank in some of that tape.

Bobby Turner wants coachable guys who display toughness, patience, good quickness with their feet and cutting ability. Guice has all of those traits and would fit the system pretty well. That said I doubt he will be a 49er but he would be a great back to have here if things worked out that way.

Agreed

I think Guice is a better pure RB, I think Barkley is a better all-around RB in the fact he's a better pass catcher.

Agreed. I really dont expect Barkley to fall to us, but if he did maybe we get a kings ransom trade.

As for Guice maybe we trade down a few? Pick up another 2 and snag him? Who knows!

I think Barkley, Guice, RoJo would all do great in Kyles offense.

Agreed. I really dont expect Barkley to fall to us, but if he did maybe we get a kings ransom trade.

As for Guice maybe we trade down a few? Pick up another 2 and snag him? Who knows!

I think Barkley, Guice, RoJo would all do great in Kyles offense.

oh yeah throw Mitchel in there as well...I do like guys like Walton, Kelly, Penny as well.

We do run a lot of 12 and 21 personnel and the way jimmy g is slinging the rock, whomever is our RB isn't gonna see constant 8 man boxes.
#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread...

21. #LSU RB Derrius Guice
Height: 5-10 4/8
Weight: 224 👀
Hand: 9
Arm: 30 6/8
Wingspan: 72 6/8
It's amazing how many potential super star RBs are in this draft.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
It's amazing how many potential super star RBs are in this draft.

must draft one.
Share 49ersWebzone