LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Nice gap

Where's the gap here joe Williams will NOT be doing that lol

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 19, 2018 at 4:43 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Zones reaction if somehow we got Nelson and Guice....

Would be amazing....wouldn't be suprised if Nelson gets drafted before he gets to us and Guice is gonna go up the boards after the combine
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Nice gap

Yall gonna be so broken hearted
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Nice gap

Yall gonna be so broken hearted

It's gonna blow even more seeing him in Seattle lol

He most likely doesn't go here, I understand the whole shanahan rb code or whatever...dude is just a badass motherf**ker, respect talent
I'd rather move up for Michel in the 2nd
[ Edited by illinois9er on Jan 19, 2018 at 6:45 AM ]
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I'd rather move up for Michel in the 2nd

so you'd rather give up draft picks for Mitchel then get MORE draft picks and get Guice

Guice plus 2 2nd rd picks >>>>> Michel and giving up our 3rd & 6th
Nice gap

Joe would've took that to the house for 6.
Originally posted by strickac:

He would have retired again before he reached the endzone.
and Barkley will be drafted in the top 5 for good reason. I don't think there's anyone that thinks Guice is a overall better prospect then Barkley BUT he's a really really good RB. Zeke ran a 4.47 at 225. Guice will be in that range for sure. Todd Gurley and Devonta Freeman didn't catch a ton of balls in college and turned out fine.

I'll take some extra picks and Guice all day baby!

love that vision

That play doesn't exemplify great vision to me. The defender who got into his face up the middle was the one that caused him to bounce it out. It was more of a reflex than great vision. What allowed him to take it all the way out was the DB's lack of discipline. Most RB's make this play.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He's a beast, not denying that at all. Last year I thought he played better than Fournette. Even though the Fournette fans said he had the much tougher matchups.

Couldn't resist tho on the gap had to say it lol. Saw too much irony. Said it in the joe thread and I'll say it here too. Joes knocks are his mindset and the fumbling, his tape is beautiful though. His vision, speed, tackle breaking ability jumps off the screen instantly.

Please nobody twist this into me saying that joe is our future. We should draft a rb at some point.
Originally posted by Joecool:
That play doesn't exemplify great vision to me. The defender who got into his face up the middle was the one that caused him to bounce it out. It was more of a reflex than great vision. What allowed him to take it all the way out was the DB's lack of discipline. Most RB's make this play.

Oh so vision/anticipation/reflex aren't comparable

Like he said most backs see that first gap and get the 4 yards. He waits for the second block to happen, sees there's space and cuts though the other lane....that actually is exactly what good vision is for a RB.

God lord the hate in here for this kid is wild....he's a damn good back. Most likely we don't draft him or any of the top RBs BUT his style of running is perfect for kyles system. He's a blend of gore/lynch who the f**k doesn't want that
He's a beast, not denying that at all. Last year I thought he played better than Fournette. Even though the Fournette fans said he had the much tougher matchups.

Couldn't resist tho on the gap had to say it lol. Saw too much irony. Said it in the joe thread and I'll say it here too. Joes knocks are his mindset and the fumbling, his tape is beautiful though. His vision, speed, tackle breaking ability jumps off the screen instantly.

Please nobody twist this into me saying that joe is our future. We should draft a rb at some point.

All good lol, I completely understand why Kyle wanted to draft joe, he's a one-cut RB with speed. His vision is good not great imo. LSU's OL was dogs**t this yr while Joe had 3 NFL OL paving the way for him.

There's a reason why joe got put on IR and fell behind a UDFA, dude just wasn't good in training camp. He was poor at pass-blocking for one and you won't be sniffing the field if you can't do that.

Guice is on a different level then him. I'm with you I hope joe shows up ass on fire ready to ball, but I'm not gonna bet on him at all. Whatever we get out of a 4th rd pick is a bonus.

We will see, I'm guessing they draft a mid to low round RB to compete with the guys currently on the roster, then we will have the same old song and dance the following yr.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 19, 2018 at 8:42 AM ]
All good lol, I completely understand why Kyle wanted to draft joe, he's a one-cut RB with speed. His vision is good not great imo. LSU's OL was dogs**t this yr while Joe had 3 NFL OL paving the way for him.

There's a reason why joe got put on IR and fell behind a UDFA, dude just wasn't good in training camp. He was poor at pass-blocking for one and you won't be sniffing the field if you can't do that.

Guice is on a different level then him. I'm with you I hope joe shows up ass on fire ready to ball, but I'm not gonna bet on him at all. Whatever we get out of a 4th rd pick is a bonus.

We will see, I'm guessing they draft a mid to low round RB to compete with the guys currently on the roster, then we will have the same old song and dance the following yr.

I think you're underestimating how good LSU line has been. 2017 they had a center drafted early by the seahawaks, 2016 they had a tackle and guard drafted. They were opening gaping holes for LF and Guice.Not sure how his line was this year, figured there was a drop off. I know they had a guard that was pretty good.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LOL.
Share 49ersWebzone