There are 210 users in the forums

Josh Allen OLB/ILB/DE Kentucky

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
If they chose Allen over Bosa I'll send Lynch and Kyle to moon.

We don't really know until the end of the season. If Bosa is injured as much as his brother and Allen plays every game and does well then what ?

Does Bosa still need to pass another medical ?
There's no bigger Bosa homer on here than me, but I also have a bias for athletic edge rushers. I think it's a huge advantage to have as many athletes as possible on the field, especially at those corners attacking mesh points, running down ball carriers, rallying to tackles, and being able to play in space and cover. It gives a DC a lot of flexibility to scheme, game and get creative.

With Allen and Ford, you've got two very athletic edge players. I brought this up a few times with thl, but I love the idea of being able to game them up, send one and man the other, feature them on loopers, and zone blitzes, etc. A little 3-4 magic.

Not disappointed at all if they walk away with Josh Allen. Hopefully, tho, it's after a trade down.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 14, 2019 at 8:14 PM ]
I only want Allen if we trade down to #6 and get a haul from NY. Otherwise, for me, it has to be Bosa or Williams. I just think there is a big difference between them and the rest of the class including Allen. That is NOT to say Allen cant be an impact player because I think he can. I am just not convinced that his impact with me as great.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I only want Allen if we trade down to #6 and get a haul from NY. Otherwise, for me, it has to be Bosa or Williams. I just think there is a big difference between them and the rest of the class including Allen. That is NOT to say Allen cant be an impact player because I think he can. I am just not convinced that his impact with me as great.

Agreed. Will be massively disappointed if we grab Allen with #2. Trade back at pick 6 or so would be ok.
Originally posted by Heroism:
There's no bigger Bosa homer on here than me, but I also have a bias for athletic edge rushers. I think it's a huge advantage to have as many athletes as possible on the field, especially at those corners attacking mesh points, running down ball carriers, rallying to tackles, and being able to play in space and cover. It gives a DC a lot of flexibility to scheme, game and get creative.

With Allen and Ford, you've got two very athletic edge players. I brought this up a few times with thl, but I love the idea of being able to game them up, send one and man the other, feature them on loopers, and zone blitzes, etc. A little 3-4 magic.

Not disappointed at all if they walk away with Josh Allen. Hopefully, tho, it's after a trade down.

I totally see where you're coming from with this, I also think Saleh would actually use them well.

Are you happy with the level of beef if a team lined up with 3 WR's and ran?

I know you don't like the Snickel, but you need something like it this day and age.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Unfortunately I don't think he gets past 3 and maybe 4 if this is the 49ers guy.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
We don't really know until the end of the season. If Bosa is injured as much as his brother and Allen plays every game and does well then what ?

Does Bosa still need to pass another medical ?

What's so special about Bosa ? The guy is overrated to me, for someone with a career high of 8.5 sacks to be talked about so much is puzzling. Now Quinnen Williams is who the 9ers should take if they stay at #2. Dude is a beast and a problem !!
Originally posted by LordGains:
What's so special about Bosa ? The guy is overrated to me, for someone with a career high of 8.5 sacks to be talked about so much is puzzling. Now Quinnen Williams is who the 9ers should take if they stay at #2. Dude is a beast and a problem !!

First post, lol, who's troll account are you?!
Originally posted by Heroism:

You took the shape of a unicorn... slow clap
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
If they chose Allen over Bosa I'll send Lynch and Kyle to moon.

you'd be surprise at how many people prefer allen over bosa.

It really doesn't make sense now that we got Ford. Allen and Ford cannot play big end like Bosa can.

I really like Allen's versatility and if we had traded for Griffen I would have said I think this could open the door for Allen at 2 if Bosa is gone or trade down. Now that we have Ford I think it's a wrap for Allen.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
It really doesn't make sense now that we got Ford. Allen and Ford cannot play big end like Bosa can.

I really like Allen's versatility and if we had traded for Griffen I would have said I think this could open the door for Allen at 2 if Bosa is gone or trade down. Now that we have Ford I think it's a wrap for Allen.

I know this doesn't mean much, but doesn't the team have guys already on the team that can theoretically play LDE?
Originally posted by FL9er:

I know this doesn't mean much, but doesn't the team have guys already on the team that can theoretically play LDE?

Absolutely we do, AA played well last year, Solly is suited and Taylor and Street theoretically could be good as well.

Allen playing SAM in base is ideal

Arik and Solly are both capable of playing BE in base. Kyle said today that Solly would play outside against the run, this would be as a BE since Ford will play LEO. We also just brought back Arik who played pretty well as BE. Allen would play SAM in base. In sub packages Allen would be a DE, he'd make an excellent Wide 9.

I'd still take Bosa though.
  • pdc20
When John Lynch talked about the type of pass rusher they were searching this ofseason at this combine, he basically made the scouting report of Nick Bosa.
And when, Lynch talked about Bosa, he had an orgasm.
I think that they could go with Burns or Allen if there is a trade down. But other than that, I think it ´s Bosa or Quinnen Williams at two.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Unfortunately I don't think he gets past 3 and maybe 4 if this is the 49ers guy.

Just trade down to #4 and take Allen at #4
Share 49erswebzone