LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Jack Jones CB USC transfer to ASU

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
His career at SC is over but he'll get drafted.

Ehhh, I see him as a UDFA. He may have a career in the NFL but I don't see teams spending a pick on him.
Originally posted by Geeked:
His career at SC is over but he'll get drafted.

Ehhh, I see him as a UDFA. He may have a career in the NFL but I don't see teams spending a pick on him.

Everytime I watched USC last year #25 would pop and stand out over all the other players. His talent and instincts are draftable and let's not act like the NFL cares about character. If he goes undrafted I'd be shocked. Probably go the honey badger or Rashard Robinson route in the 3rd or 4th. Unless he blows up pro days or personal visits.
He's only a Jr this year so he can't enter the Supplemental Draft right ? Would be the best Sup Draft I'd ever seen if so..
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
He's only a Jr this year so he can't enter the Supplemental Draft right ? Would be the best Sup Draft I'd ever seen if so..

I don't believe he's eligible for the supp. Even if he was, I don't see him getting selected. I watched this kid for his entire SC career and if he didn't get in trouble, he'd still be a late round pick. He blows coverage and is un-coachable. He has raw talent, but that is all he has. Not a very smart player. And to put it perspective, the guy was in danger of losing his job to an incoming freshman before he was kicked off the team.

UDFA is his best hope... and that's counting he's not serving time on the burglary charge.
Bump for the oncoming college season?

Jones made lots of dumb decisions while at USC and at JUCO. Normally I wouldn't think he was on Lynch's radar but with our strong connection with ASU I'm not ruling it out. Last year Jones didn't play great but he showed flashes of what he was back at USC. I hate player comparisons but if you're looking for one he's Marcus Peters lite who hits.

He has admitted to not playing up to his standards past year and said towards the end of the season he was feeling like he could feel his legs coming back. He won't go early in the draft which will benefit us. If there isn't a college season Jones may go undrafted.
I know nothing about this guy. At all! But reading this thread this really does not seem like the sort of player Lynch, Shanahan and the rest want on their team.
Originally posted by English:
I know nothing about this guy. At all! But reading this thread this really does not seem like the sort of player Lynch, Shanahan and the rest want on their team.

Probably not but given Lynchs relationship with Edwards, I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards endorsed it. Especially considering that you could likely get him on the 2nd or 3rd day
Bump for the oncoming college season?

Jones made lots of dumb decisions while at USC and at JUCO. Normally I wouldn't think he was on Lynch's radar but with our strong connection with ASU I'm not ruling it out. Last year Jones didn't play great but he showed flashes of what he was back at USC. I hate player comparisons but if you're looking for one he's Marcus Peters lite who hits.

He has admitted to not playing up to his standards past year and said towards the end of the season he was feeling like he could feel his legs coming back. He won't go early in the draft which will benefit us. If there isn't a college season Jones may go undrafted.

He was our #3 CB last year. He had 3 picks, a FF, and 13 passes defended (tied for most in conference). He was a boom or bust cornerback with amazing athletic talent.

I'm also high on our other starting CB Chase Lucas

Pac 12 will be loaded at CB this year. All players I think will get drafted:
Adebo (Stanford),
Bynum (Cal),
Molden (Washington),
Lenoir (Oregon),
Graham (Oregon),
Jones (ASU),
Lucas (ASU),
Burns (Arizona)
Jack Jones made the Dean's List.

Yeah yeah, its ASU and a 3rd grader could make our Dean's List. Still a good sign for him.

[ Edited by Hysterikal on Oct 3, 2022 at 3:59 PM ]

get em young king
Dude is a monster zone, just pure ball hawk
This f**king kid smfh million dollar talent 2 cent head.
Apparently dude was killing it in camp and was rewarded with reps at cb1.

Got caught with 2 loaded guns on an airplane with a "large capacity feeding device" in Massachusetts

Massachusetts Gun Laws prohibit the Unlawful Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm or Feeding Device, and General Laws Chapter 269, Section 10(m) proscribes a term of imprisonment of not less than 2.5 years and up to 10 years in state prison.

Dude is looking at mandatory 2.5 years if convicted
Originally posted by Since07:
Apparently dude was killing it in camp and was rewarded with reps at cb1.

Got caught with 2 loaded guns on an airplane with a "large capacity feeding device" in Massachusetts

Massachusetts Gun Laws prohibit the Unlawful Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm or Feeding Device, and General Laws Chapter 269, Section 10(m) proscribes a term of imprisonment of not less than 2.5 years and up to 10 years in state prison.

Dude is looking at mandatory 2.5 years if convicted

Large capacity in Massachusetts is anything over 10 rounds which imo is b******t. But ignorance to the laws is never an excuse. Kid was great last year and looked to have finally matured from what got him excused from USC. Unfortunately not
Share 49ersWebzone