LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Raiders might be his floor in the 8-12 range. Fit meets BPA

Good call. Raiders are desperate for ILB.
Originally posted by Heroism:
9moon has spoken.

It must come to pass.

It's not official until Ollie Ols mocks it.
Foster and Roquan 🤤🤤🤤
Raiders might be his floor in the 8-12 range. Fit meets BPA

Good call. Raiders are desperate for ILB.

This news should be shouted from the highest hills in Niner Talk.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Dec 2, 2017 at 4:29 PM ]
Originally posted by zonkers:
9moon has spoken.

It must come to pass.

It's not official until Ollie Ols mocks it.

One thing i will say is from what im hearing thanks to yall.. He seems like the safest, day 1, 3-down player.

Ridley and Nelson all in the mix. I think were in a great spot this year.
Roquan,the return of Malcolm Smith would be a LEGIT boost to our LB corps. Malcolm rotating in to keep Reuben and Roquan fresh.

Im desperate for a pass rusher but if we atleast get one early im good. Maybe we get lucky in FA.
F**k

SI's Albert Breer states "everyone seems to love" Georgia junior LB Roquan Smith evaluation.

By everyone, Breer is obviously referring to the NFL. Smith has so much range from the linebacker spot and is shining against the run and in coverage, the latter of which is difficult to find in a prospect. And it's not just the 2017 season that was impressive from Smith, he also played at a high level in 2016. Breer lists Smith as one of the nation's top 10 prospects.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 28, 2017 at 8:36 AM ]
F**k

SI's Albert Breer states "everyone seems to love" Georgia junior LB Roquan Smith evaluation.

By everyone, Breer is obviously referring to the NFL. Smith has so much range from the linebacker spot and is shining against the run and in coverage, the latter of which is difficult to find in a prospect. And it's not just the 2017 season that was impressive from Smith, he also played at a high level in 2016. Breer lists Smith as one of the nation's top 10 prospects.

It's okay. There's still Rashaan Evans or Zach Brown in FA
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Nov 28, 2017 at 5:27 PM ]
If we spot a guy in September you know he will be top 10 by draft day lol. That's why I asked how does he compare to Reuben. This guy has no baggage he's going top 10 for sure. Maybe top 5.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
If we spot a guy in September you know he will be top 10 by draft day lol. That's why I asked how does he compare to Reuben. This guy has no baggage he's going top 10 for sure. Maybe top 5.

I see him as being much better in coverage and Foster really isn't too shabby in coverage. I think he's a pretty pure weakside LB for the NFL.
Can he tackle Russell Wilson?

Can he tackle Russell Wilson?

Ha! Great question! I think he has more chance than anyone else, but in space it's pretty hard. That should be in the combine! The Russell Wilson drill!
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Ha! Great question! I think he has more chance than anyone else, but in space it's pretty hard. That should be in the combine! The Russell Wilson drill!

Here's the drill.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Here's the drill.

Ha! To be fair the targets are a similar height!
F**k

No shocker here. It was only a matter of time before the Smith hype caught fire. After the combine I anticipate it to only elevate more. The dude will be a stud in the NFL. Been saying all of this for awhile now. So have you Hero. Lol

No way your surprised.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 29, 2017 at 8:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
No shocker here. It was only a matter of time before the Smith hype caught fire. After the combine I anticipate it to only elevate more. The dude will be a stud in the NFL. Been saying all of this for awhile now. So have you Hero. Lol

No way your surprised.

I could easily see Lynch having flashbacks to Derrick Brooks with Smith. Perfect scheme fit and a LB who can cover pretty much anyone.
Share 49ersWebzone