LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
So where do yall think he winds up... Late teens?

He's getting mocked all over the place right now. I've seen him as high as 11 and even seen him left out of the first round in others. Hero is right about this guy though. He's one of the guys that teams will fall in love with during the pre draft process. Mid teens is the safe bet right now with a realistic chance of sneaking a bit higher. Dude is a beast. There's little doubt in my mind that he starts right away in the NFL and makes an impact quickly.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 2, 2017 at 3:58 AM ]
Roquan is everywhere. He looks like baby P-Willy out there.

ELITE play recognition/instincts. He rarely takes a false step or flows in the wrong direction. Please, Lynch.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 4, 2017 at 2:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Roquan is everywhere. He looks like baby P-Willy out there.

ELITE play recognition/instincts. He rarely takes a false step or flows in the wrong direction. Please, Lynch.

Man him and Foster would be an exciting tandem. He just stands out like Foster did, maybe even more so. Unfortunately I don't think we'll get him though
Will LB written all over him
The trade this week makes this more feasible. If we can trade down and still pick up good pass rusher, I'm with it.
Kids a beast, wouldn't mind at all if the niners trade back to about 10th and take him, future of him and Foster would be amazing..him and Malik Jefferson are my 2 fav LBs right now..would love either one to be a niner !
Watched him for the first time yesterday and came away very impressed. There are bigger holes on our roster, but he would be an upgrade. Would be an awesome partnership, Wagner & KJ Wright like but I feel we need a SAM even more, and it's hard to draft two LB's that high in one year
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Watched him for the first time yesterday and came away very impressed. There are bigger holes on our roster, but he would be an upgrade. Would be an awesome partnership, Wagner & KJ Wright like but I feel we need a SAM even more, and it's hard to draft two LB's that high in one year

I definitely agree there are bigger holes. But I'm really deferring to bringing in potentially elite players and adding depth next year. I view our top needs as receiver, pass rusher, and O-line now. I kind of still have QB in there, but with an asterisk. I prefer we go the free agency route with O-line and get some guys we know that can play and the money is there. So that leaves two main positions with our remaining 4 picks in the first three rounds. If we can add that pass rusher and a linebacker like Smith, I dare say we may actually have a front seven that has the potential to dominate.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
It's okay, they have Malcolm Smith,

said no one ever.
Originally posted by FL9er:
It's okay, they have Malcolm Smith,

said no one ever.

Ha! True, but Ray Ray Armstrong and Malcolm Smith are better than Eli Harold and nobody!

I'd rather a proper SAM

15. Washington Redskins: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
Washington's roster is pretty balanced, meaning that (Cousins permitting) they won't have to force anything here. Smith has a chance to be a great NFL player.

#15 in Albert Breer's most recent mock, but I think he has a chance to go much higher. Wait until teams put on the tape and meet with him. They're going to fall in love with Roquan. Call me crazy, but I think he's a top-5 player in this draft.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 8, 2017 at 10:43 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
This guy is on top of my LB list.. it'll be worth to get back to the 1st round (like Foster) if the guy is available..
Originally posted by 9moon:
This guy is on top of my LB list.. it'll be worth to get back to the 1st round (like Foster) if the guy is available..

Are you expecting him to stab someone between now and the draft? Because unless you plan on trading away the rest of your draft, that or a missing leg are about the only ways you are trading up for him.

Odds are that he goes Top 10 when it is all said and done.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 9, 2017 at 10:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
15. Washington Redskins: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
Washington's roster is pretty balanced, meaning that (Cousins permitting) they won't have to force anything here. Smith has a chance to be a great NFL player.

#15 in Albert Breer's most recent mock, but I think he has a chance to go much higher. Wait until teams put on the tape and meet with him. They're going to fall in love with Roquan. Call me crazy, but I think he's a top-5 player in this draft.

Is becoming my favorite defensive prospect in this draft. I love watching this guy play. The guy is a lightning bolt on the field. Just always in the vicinity of the ball. He and Foster would be a perfect marriage together. Smith fits the WILL like a glove.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 9, 2017 at 11:12 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 9moon:

Are you expecting him to stab someone between now and the draft? Because unless you plan on trading away the rest of your draft, that or a missing leg are about the only ways you are trading up for him.

Odds are that he goes Top 10 when it is all said and done.

We got FOSTER late, didn't we?

It could happen, that's why I say IF he's there, then MOVE UP..
Share 49ersWebzone