LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Ronald Jones, RB, USC

Jones looked great last night...but, it was against a pretty porous AZ St defense. My biggest concern about him is his size...he seems rather slight compared to most NFL RB's. I want Lynch to draft Barkley...because he's multi-skilled (as Jones is), but is built to withstand the NFL. Not sure why USC OC Tee Martin doesn't use Jones more as a receiver. He has 13 catches compared to 34 for Barkley. It's Barkley's size, skillset, durability and versatility that stand out for me and scream "draft me". If Jones can add 10 lbs or so of muscle, he'll be more likely to be drafted higher by somebody.
Reminds me of a young Chris Johnson..
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Daniel Jeremiah compared him to Jamaal Charles.

I see that.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Daniel Jeremiah compared him to Jamaal Charles.

I see that.

I see both..
We need a guy on offense with dreads. Its a rule.
"Ronald Jones, Running Back, USC: A regular on these articles, Ronald Jones once again wowed, this time against Arizona. Jones ran for almost 200 yards and three touchdowns, breaking off long runs and bouncing off defenders all night. Jones is clearly one of the country's best running backs and it will be exciting to see him continue to dominate on a weekly basis."

He really hits the outside runs well, he might be a good fit
Best outside zone runner in the draft. Exceptional vision. Instinctive zone RB. He's a natural surfing to the running lanes. Runs angry, too.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 11, 2017 at 4:06 PM ]
Are you kidding me???? Defense overflows and RoJo finds the cutback lane. I have no doubt whatsoever this guy will be the #1 RB on Kyle's board. Elite OZ runner.

Where is this guy expected to get drafted?

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Where is this guy expected to get drafted?

Late 1st to late 2nd.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Are you kidding me???? Defense overflows and RoJo finds the cutback lane. I have no doubt whatsoever this guy will be the #1 RB on Kyle's board. Elite OZ runner.

It seemed faster live
Get Jones, build up the OL, add another receiver, Jimmy G will be good to go.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Get Jones, build up the OL, add another receiver, Jimmy G will be good to go.

Theres always gonna be special rbs and wrs in every draft, I agree we first need to solidify the OL.
For sure. OL is the top priority.

And as great of a fit as RoJo is in our scheme, I can't envision Kyle using a day one/day two draft pick on a RB. I think we need to start digging deeper for an OZ RB that will go later, possibly a small school player(ie how Mike and Kyle found Alfred Morris out of Florida Atlantic).
Share 49ersWebzone