LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Random NFL Scout projects top 5 2018 NFL Draft Order

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Giants already tried trading up for mahomes, I can almost guarantee they'll be taking a qb

I thought that was just speculation?

even so im assuming they want a qb they have nothing behind eli

that being said they may want RB and OL way more

both are needs over qb at this point so i can see them passing on a qb till next year
Giants have to upgrade Flowers but the way he is playing you could take a 7th rounder practically
Originally posted by harryj:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Giants already tried trading up for mahomes, I can almost guarantee they'll be taking a qb

I thought that was just speculation?

even so im assuming they want a qb they have nothing behind eli

that being said they may want RB and OL way more

both are needs over qb at this point so i can see them passing on a qb till next year

They have Webb who has potential so I think they wait for a qb and give eli some protection and a run game for a last hurrah for him.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
They have Webb who has potential so I think they wait for a qb and give eli some protection and a run game for a last hurrah for him.

You don't pass on Rosen because you have Davis Webb. It's like passing on Jameis because you have Mike Glennon. Just like you don't pass on Luck because Peyton Manning has got a few more left in him. Webb should be better than that disaster Glennon, but he's still no Rosen. They have a potential out of Eli's contract after the 2018 season. They can hsve Eli take the beating for a year while getting Rosen ready and improving the offensive line.
[ Edited by Chibamarines on Oct 5, 2017 at 9:38 AM ]
Originally posted by Chibamarines:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

You don't pass on Rosen because you have Davis Webb. It's like passing on Jameis because you have Mike Glennon. Just like you don't pass on Luck because Peyton Manning has got a few more left in him. Webb should be better than that disaster Glennon, but he's still no Rosen. They have a potential out of Eli's contract after the 2018 season. They can hsve Eli take the beating for a year while getting Rosen ready and improving the offensive line.

Webb is a very smart guy with talent who studies the game like a madman. Still, doesn't mean he'll end up a good NFL QB. I actually wanted him in the third.

I would assume the Giants will win more games than us this year. They have too much talent on offense. I'd have to look at their schedule.

I guess they could always trade up but if we're #1 overall...

Cousins is also an option. If we get him we could trade our first rounder for a kings ransom depending where we sit and how many great players are in our range. That would help make his contract worth it. (To have a bunch of good rookies on rookie contracts)
Share 49ersWebzone