There are 284 users in the forums

WR Christian Kirk

I could see a Kirk to Kirk connection
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

For Sutton, his main battle will be his level of competition similar to Corey Davis. Davis went 5th but I think one reason Davis went so high because his route running was so well developed, he has a very high floor in terms of talent with a low bust factor. Sutton is a different animal, he is more in the boom or bust category. A 6'3/6'4 big boddied strong powerful speedy WR that uses the combo of power/speed to win. A lot of big WRs have had that combo and failed because of poor route running. So for now I'd peg Sutton between 11-15 pending a closer look at his routes.

I had Corey Davis as the best college WR I've seen in college since AJ Green when I watched him as a sophomore. If you know what to look for, he just instantly screams #1 WR. He has the explosion, smooth movements, coordination & size that just doesn't come along every year. And WR is a position that playing at a small school doesn't limit your ability to showcase your talent (Rice, TO, Moss, etc).

Sutton could be a good one, but I don't think there's any way he's in Davis' category. And at best, I think Kirk is somewhere between Doug Baldwin and Michael Crabtree. People who think he could come in and be a #1 target are hoping more than anything, IMO. If the Niners drafted him, I'm pretty sure Garcon would still be the #1 guy, but it'd be close. Either way, it's not the kind of offense you want with the kind of limitations you'd have at WR (been there).

I don't think the draft is the way to go for WRs next year. The best hope is Terrelle Pryor IMO.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
I had Corey Davis as the best college WR I've seen in college since AJ Green when I watched him as a sophomore. If you know what to look for, he just instantly screams #1 WR. He has the explosion, smooth movements, coordination & size that just doesn't come along every year. And WR is a position that playing at a small school doesn't limit your ability to showcase your talent (Rice, TO, Moss, etc).

Sutton could be a good one, but I don't think there's any way he's in Davis' category. And at best, I think Kirk is somewhere between Doug Baldwin and Michael Crabtree. People who think he could come in and be a #1 target are hoping more than anything, IMO. If the Niners drafted him, I'm pretty sure Garcon would still be the #1 guy, but it'd be close. Either way, it's not the kind of offense you want with the kind of limitations you'd have at WR (been there).

I don't think the draft is the way to go for WRs next year. The best hope is Terrelle Pryor IMO.

In terms of coming out of college and the stock the WRs had since 2011, I'd go:
1. AJ Green
2. Amari Cooper
3. Julio Jones
4. Sammy Watkins
5. OBJ
6. Mike Evans
7. Corey Davis
8. Justin Blackmon
9. Kevin White
10. Brandin Cooks

Corey Davis is very good, don't get me wrong. But if he came out in the same year as the guys I put above him, I seriously doubt he would have been first WR off the board.
Tune into fox now for CK(and Rosen, QB1).
Originally posted by Heroism:

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Ugly bloody game
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Ugly bloody game

Not if you're an aggie fan...

gig 'em
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

Ugly bloody game

gig 'em

Typical Kevin Sumlin.

I go to bed at the end of the 3rd. Wake up to his blown lead.

He should have struck while the iron was hot. Won't make it through the year.

Ugly bloody game

gig 'em

Ugly bloody game

gig 'em

Typical Kevin Sumlin.

Yeah it turned into a fantastic game. Once UCLA was within one score you could tell it was over. And yeah your coach or defensive coordinator is a goner

• krizay
  • Veteran

Ugly bloody game

gig 'em

Typical Kevin Sumlin.

Yeah it turned into a fantastic game. Once UCLA was within one score you could tell it was over. And yeah your coach or defensive coordinator is a goner

Sumlin....

He actually reminds me of chip Kelly.

Last year the 9ers were always good running in tbe 1st half. The defense adjust and we kept running the same plays.

Ever since Manziel left (even when he was there really) same thing week after week.

It's like he can't change up. Like a 1 trick pony
Yeah I think this game essentially ended Sumlins coaching job
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
110 yds, 2 TDs, and a KO return TD. Brother is fast.
Really like him, Ridley from bama and Burnett outta SC

Texas A&M junior WR Christian Kirk caught just four passes for 14 yards in Saturday's win over South Carolina.
Kirk went off for 110 yards and two touchdowns against Arkansas last weekend, but no such luck versus the Gamecocks on Saturday. The 5-foot-11, 200-pounder has been held to fewer than 50 yards receiving in three of five games this season. That comes with the territory of playing with a raw true freshman quarterback like Kellen Mond
Share 49ersWebzone