LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

MadDog49er 2017 Big 253 Board April 23 2017

MadDog - what are your thoughts on Zay Jones? I want to like him but nothing seems to jump out at me when I watch him.
Originally posted by Draftology:
MadDog - what are your thoughts on Zay Jones? I want to like him but nothing seems to jump out at me when I watch him.

I have a high second round grade on Jones and have him as my number four wide receiver in the draft after Davis Williams and Ross. He had a ton of catches in college and was one of the two best receivers at the senior bowl week with Cooper kupp. Tests off the chart and has a huge catch radius. good ability to add extra yards after the catch and maybe the best receiver at Highpointing the ball and bringing in contestant passes. completely Aced everything this year from the regular season to the Senior bowl week to the combine to the campus pro day. Stud!
Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:
I respect your list but I have a major issue with Solomon Thomas being the overall number 2 player on your list its just ridiculous that he is ranked that high because I just don't think he is a defensive end pash rusher . I think he is a 3-technique DT but I also don't think he will last that long because I don't think he is big enough at 270 lbs to play in the middle I think he will get man handled in the national football league because this is a mans league . I like Solomon Thomas but I would have him ranked around the 7th or 8th best player . I also have a problem with you ranking leonard fournette as the 8th best player that is also a little ridiculous but it seems like every so called expert has about 8 players ranked all over the board . That's why this years draft is gonna be unpredictable no one really knows how it will go down there will be some surprises just like last year . Remember last year when that great offensive lineman from ole miss started to fall in the draft after that video was leaked of him smoking weed out of a gas mask that was just hilarious if u ask me lol .

Why is it ridiculous when someone disagrees with your OPINION?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by zonkers:
Nice work MD. If Garrett and Thomas were (somehow) both available at #2, would you still take Thomas?

My heart says Thomas but my head says Garrett

I love it when you think with your head instead of your heart.

Eff your heart.. what does your gut say? I've been going with that lately, been working very nicely
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I have a high second round grade on Jones and have him as my number four wide receiver in the draft after Davis Williams and Ross. He had a ton of catches in college and was one of the two best receivers at the senior bowl week with Cooper kupp. Tests off the chart and has a huge catch radius. good ability to add extra yards after the catch and maybe the best receiver at Highpointing the ball and bringing in contestant passes. completely Aced everything this year from the regular season to the Senior bowl week to the combine to the campus pro day. Stud!
It seems as though the consensus is that he has great athleticism, ball skills, and production. What's keeping him in that 2nd tier of WR's?
  • HERN
  • Veteran
What would you say the difference between Kevin King and Marlon Humphrey?

I see Humphrey as the most NFL ready DB including Lattimore.

What say you?
Originally posted by HERN:
What would you say the difference between Kevin King and Marlon Humphrey?

I see Humphrey as the most NFL ready DB including Lattimore.

What say you?

Great college career, and solid corner, but struggled in multiple games this year against deep balls. Doesn't have great recognition on these deep balls, and allowed numerous key receptions. Just watched him yesterday (again..I watch a LOT of Alabama game tape because they play against so many top graded players) in numerous games and saw a similar pattern.

With the ball in front of him, he is money.

In a normal year, MH a sure-fire top level CB. But, this class is so loaded I have him on the back end of my top ten CBs. .

King is so much longer. Three inches taller, crazy athleticism, and bigger upside.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 23, 2017 at 6:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Draftology:
It seems as though the consensus is that he has great athleticism, ball skills, and production. What's keeping him in that 2nd tier of WR's?

The top guys are pretty good as well. I love Davis, see remarkable productivity from Williams, and world class deep speed from Ross. Tough to crack that top group.
Aright MD, I may be slow, but three times in a row looks like a pattern.

In your last 3 Big Boards (including this one), you have Dion Dawkins sitting there at 66.

At last count, we've interviewed 6 guards (if you count Sharpe). Our second guard on the depth chart was a NT at Oregon. I've guaranteed we draft a Guard ( it is my super bold prediction - sarcasm present).

I see you have Kupp in your mock, but are you also trying to say that Dawkins is a strong possibility there as well?
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 23, 2017 at 6:19 PM ]
Amazing work as always sir.

MD, where do you see Thomas playing for the Niners considering Buckner and AA?
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Aright MD, I may be slow, but three times in a row looks like a pattern.

In your last 3 Big Boards (including this one), you have Dion Dawkins sitting there at 66.

At last count, we've interviewed 6 guards (if you count Sharpe). Our second guard on the depth chart was a NT at Oregon. I've guaranteed we draft a Guard ( it is my super bold prediction - sarcasm present).

I see you have Kupp in your mock, but are you also trying to say that Dawkins is a strong possibility there as well?

He is going somewhere in that area. Played LT at Temple and I think he could play at RT or on the inside. Very good Senior Bowl week. One of the best OL there
Originally posted by Butter:
MD, where do you see Thomas playing for the Niners considering Buckner and AA?

LDE on base downs and inside on passing downs
Originally posted by Temecula49ersfan:
Amazing work as always sir.

Thanks
MD, you do a scouting report on Krishawn Hogan from Marian yet? Cause he should be on this board
[ Edited by 49erInTheMidwest on Apr 23, 2017 at 10:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone