1. Garrett
  2. Trubisky
  3. Trade down netting #1 pick next year
  4. Thomas
  5. Trade down netting a 2nd and 3rd this year
  6. Hooker/Adams
  7. Fournette

Flip 1 and 2 and Im with you, although instead of I would be

For me I'd bump Trubisky down to #7 and move everything else up. Then i'd sub out Lattimore for Fournette
Originally posted by Niners99:
Im just flat out saying Shanahan DOESNT want Mahomes. Wrong style of QB, not polished enough to go 2nd overall. I guarantee we dont take him at 2.

Thanks for the inside info. Got any other behind-the-scenes updates?
Originally posted by thl408:
Why no love for Jonathan Allen? Shoulder issue or already too many interior DL on the roster?

Shoulder injury no question. You're playing with fire on that one from the sound of it. As a talent he'd be a great fit. I also don't see the many interior DL on the roster(at least not ones that you can really get excited about)
Originally posted by genus49:
Shoulder injury no question. You're playing with fire on that one from the sound of it. As a talent he'd be a great fit. I also don't see the many interior DL on the roster(at least not ones that you can really get excited about)

Lol so true. There's a lot of interior DL on the roster - I'm excited about one, (hopeful in a few others), but only excited about one, and he'll be playing the "big end" in base. We have bodies, just not enough of the right ones.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
An all-pro. I just don't know who that person is.
I've been saying I'd be content with Thomas or Adams , but now the draft is one day away, I'm picturing what our running attack would look like with Fournette and Hyde wearing out opposing defenses with our power running attack
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Combo of both lol. Funny thing is how much better is Thomas than Blair at this very moment in their careers.

Oh come on...
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I've been saying I'd be content with Thomas or Adams , but now the draft is one day away, I'm picturing what our running attack would look like with Fournette and Hyde wearing out opposing defenses with our power running attack

If our defense is surrendering 30+ points a game I'm sure they'll have plenty of time to rest while their offense is on the field.
Originally posted by genus49:
If our defense is surrendering 30+ points a game I'm sure they'll have plenty of time to rest while their offense is on the field.

We spent the last 2 picks on d tackles and still have the 32nd ranked d. Maybe you need other things too.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Im just flat out saying Shanahan DOESNT want Mahomes. Wrong style of QB, not polished enough to go 2nd overall. I guarantee we dont take him at 2.

Thanks for the inside info. Got any other behind-the-scenes updates?

You dont need inside info to have common sense.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
We spent the last 2 picks on d tackles and still have the 32nd ranked d. Maybe you need other things too.

We spent 2 picks on 3-4 DEs and only one of them has proven to be someone we can count on and that was the rookie. We're running a 4-3 which means 4 DLmen are out there whether in base or pass downs.

Unless you're of the opinion that just because you used 2 first round picks on one position that it automatically means you don't have to worry about it?

Like when we drafted AJ Jenkins were we ok at WR?
Originally posted by Draftology:
What is going on with this poll? Is the "other" pretty much Reuben Foster? How the f*ck is Hooker #1? I can see him ending up being the best but as the dark horse, not the favorite...

My "Other" Vote: Derek Barnett.

He doesn't have Myles' measurables, but may be the best pass rusher in the draft. Seriously underrated, fills a pressing need, and wouldn't surprise me if he was the pick at #2.
Trubisky is a less-talented version of Jared Goff.
Come on Jets and Panthers trade us. We can trade down and grab to Derek Barnett! Come on Panthers and Jets trade us. Hurry up.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Come on Jets and Panthers trade us. We can trade down and grab to Derek Barnett! Come on Panthers and Jets trade us. Hurry up.

Gotta wait to see what the Browns do. Garrett at 2nd overall might still be in play
Share 49ersWebzone