There are 252 users in the forums

Report: 49ers, Bears "most antsy" to trade down in first round

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TheNef77:
I think the closest thing to a dream trade down scenario we have is the Jags show out for LF and someone like the Giants gets desperate enough to meet our asking price.

No way too far down...imo trading with the browns for the 12th pick would be ideal. They have a butt load of high end picks and I'd rather take a future browns pick vs the Giants

After doing that mock draft, there will be tons of talent at 23 to plug into our sorry Baalke-built roster to jump start this new beginning.

I still would like to be able to get a top end talent with some higher end picks.....NY doesn't have higher end picks through out this draft. They would have to give away 1st rd picks for like the next three yrs to move up that high lol.

Realistically the Browns are one of the only teams that have enough high end draft picks to trade away and not completely f**k their future for yrs.

Bears and Jets are lying up the ying-yang.. they're saying they wanna trade down cause they're trying to disguise their want of Mitchell. While behind the scenes, they're planning on making a last minute push to trade with us. They're just trying to keep the value low. If a team calls us like how come you wanna trade down with no QBOTF, we can reply don't trip cause we're getting ours next year

We're in the drivers seat. Buffalo/Clev gonna make it happen if Bears/Jets don't. Buffalo has traded up for Watkins before so they could be the dark horse favorites. 10/12 would get the most picks, it depends on our board how far we wanna go down.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 17, 2017 at 1:41 PM ]
We're too focused on trading with someone who needs a QB, what about the teams in between... Maybe they have a preference of their defensive player. Maybe the Chargers want to move up and make sure they get Hooker or Thomas? or the Titans to guarantee Lattimore? idk, just pointing out that we don't have to trade with a QB desiring team...
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
We're too focused on trading with someone who needs a QB, what about the teams in between... Maybe they have a preference of their defensive player. Maybe the Chargers want to move up and make sure they get Hooker or Thomas? or the Titans to guarantee Lattimore? idk, just pointing out that we don't have to trade with a QB desiring team...

Chargers are a value team, I don't see them trading up unless is for... *tadadadoom*, Mitchell Trubisky lol.

I can't recall any team trading into the top 5 and it wasn't for a qb?
Originally posted by lamontb:

Buffalo for Sammy Watkins comes to mind! Lol. We got Stevie J in a trade from them so they can get some compensation back.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Buffalo for Sammy Watkins comes to mind! Lol. We got Stevie J in a trade from them so they can get some compensation back.

Julio Jones was close enough as well.
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Julio Jones was close enough as well.

Trueeee.

One of the worst trades ever. Saints traded their entire draft in 1999 to grab Ricky Williams at number 5, and also threw in their first and third the following year to the Redskins. Then Redskins never learned from that mistake when they gave everything up for RG3 to the Rams, and Rams never learned from that one. I guess Titans should be continuing that trend some years later.

Didn't Dion Jordan go 3rd?
Draft value chart with individual team and pick values.

http://drafthistory.com/

Originally posted by JBrack:
Draft value chart with individual team and pick values.

http://drafthistory.com/

Good link. Titans looking good. They have high Average value on their daft picks, and they had 9 wins last year, and a positive point diff. They should be a team on the up.

In other news:

Rams. Lawls.
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 17, 2017 at 3:19 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

One of the worst trades ever. Saints traded their entire draft in 1999 to grab Ricky Williams at number 5, and also threw in their first and third the following year to the Redskins. Then Redskins never learned from that mistake when they gave everything up for RG3 to the Rams, and Rams never learned from that one. I guess Titans should be continuing that trend some years later.

I'll be honest, if RG3 turned out to be a franchise QB, it would have been worth it. It's amazing how the Rams did virtually nothing with all those top picks.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Good link. Titans looking good. They have high Average value on their daft picks, and they had 9 wins last year, and a positive point diff. They should be a team on the up.

In other news:

Rams. Lawls.

Yeah they are only a couple pieces away. This draft could be huge for them.
A lot of misinformation flying around this time of year. I agree, we're staying put unless someone has fallen in love with Trubisky and is willing to make the trade down worth our while.

Hell maybe we fell in love with Trubisky? Lol
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
A lot of misinformation flying around this time of year. I agree, we're staying put unless someone has fallen in love with Trubisky and is willing to make the trade down worth our while.

Hell maybe we fell in love with Trubisky? Lol

I wouldn't be mad at that at all. If Kyle thinks he is our guy I will do back flips because we obviously got our guy for the future.
Share 49ersWebzone