LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Jamal Adams S LSU

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Lol

Haha

I got 4.48, 4.53, 4.50 on my watch. 4.33 my ass.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Few other people checking the video and saying it was more like a low 4.4... either way it's fast. Maybe not Hooker fast but Adams has him beat in so many other areas and Adams is still talented enough to play either safety position.

Would love to have him on the team.
Even if he isn't 4.3 speed, 4.5 is plenty fast for a safety.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jasta:
Few other people checking the video and saying it was more like a low 4.4... either way it's fast. Maybe not Hooker fast but Adams has him beat in so many other areas and Adams is still talented enough to play either safety position.

Would love to have him on the team.

One of Adam's main attributes is that he takes on being one of the team & locker room leaders, becomes the Niners new field general of the defense (ala Ronnie Lott).
Would love to see him at #2 (replaces Reid at SS) and Kevin King CB at #34 (replaces Brock) - out with the old of Baalke, in with the new.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Taylor Mays lol.. oh the dream.
What's up with the love affair with this kid. I see a strong safety prospect with good speed, athleticsm, leadership and demeanor, but nothing special. He's not around the ball near as much as Hooker is and for an enforcer, he misses his fair share of tackles and doesn't lay the wood like I expected. In the passing game, he does appear passable in coverage for short periods of time, but he's rarely asked to carry receivers deep or to play free safety. I like the kid, but the notion that he is a top 10 player in this draft is beyond me.
Jimmie Ward, Eric reid nor Malik Hooker are better.

On offense Garcon is the swag..

on defense who has the juice to pump the players up? plz dont say bowman..
Originally posted by FrozeReactionZ:
Jimmie Ward, Eric reid nor Malik Hooker are better.

On offense Garcon is the swag..

on defense who has the juice to pump the players up? plz dont say bowman..

I bet everyone on D shuts up and listens when Bow talks.

And yes, in our scheme, Hooker is the far superior prospect to Adams.
1st round for SS or FS are kinda bust by Eric Reid.

I don't want draft any SS or FS at 1st round. Better draft at 2nd round to 6th round by SS or FS
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Taylor Mays lol.. oh the dream.

oh man if he lived up to his potential...

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Prometheus2001:
What's up with the love affair with this kid. I see a strong safety prospect with good speed, athleticsm, leadership and demeanor, but nothing special. He's not around the ball near as much as Hooker is and for an enforcer, he misses his fair share of tackles and doesn't lay the wood like I expected. In the passing game, he does appear passable in coverage for short periods of time, but he's rarely asked to carry receivers deep or to play free safety. I like the kid, but the notion that he is a top 10 player in this draft is beyond me.

He's more of a top 10 pick than Hooker who is a liability against the run and after just one season of college ball so unhealthy he probably won't be practicing until AUG, that also means we didn't get ANY measurables on him.
Originally posted by jcs:
He's more of a top 10 pick than Hooker who is a liability against the run and after just one season of college ball so unhealthy he probably won't be practicing until AUG, that also means we didn't get ANY measurables on him.

There goes jcs, making stuff up, again.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Making what up? Hernia and torn labrium, if you look at the reports on recovery time the average going off of his surgery date puts him at around Aug before he can practice.

Making what up? Hernia and torn labrium, if you look at the reports on recovery time the average going off of his surgery date puts him at around Aug before he can practice.

You have not one report on Malik's progress.

Not one.

You make things up bro.

If we're drafting a S I'm going hooker...you gotta get INTs if your getting drafted that high and that's what he can do. Adams is a great leader and tackler but I'm not seeing the INTs.

At this pt I hope we trade down
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 13, 2017 at 11:21 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone