There are 158 users in the forums

Harold Landry Boston College DE/OLB

Originally posted by gold49digger:
How does he compare to Garrett? I think drafting him would let solomon move inside and Landry just unleashing it at the LEO.

Say niners take Landry and If they live up to their hype and draft status this D-Line would be young, athletic, and a huge headache for opposing QBs, literally 🤕
How does he compare to Garrett? I think drafting him would let solomon move inside and Landry just unleashing it at the LEO.

Garrett is a generational athlete.The two are nothing alike.

I think Landry will grade out as a good athlete. His arms look a little short. He'll probably lose points there.

Landry compares more favorably to Derek Barnett. They both win in similar ways, but Landry appears to be the better athlete with more advanced hand technique and inside game.
Would absolutely love to get him on this defense, we need a pass rusher like this in the worst way possible!
I'm pretty exited at who we may be drafting next season(sad that we can discuss this so early but we all knew this would be a rebuild year)
How does he compare to Garrett?

Best-case scenario: Landry is Terrell Suggs to Garrett's Julius Peppers.

Landry will be great, but Garrett is the Lebron James of DEs in terms of talent (not to quite to that extent).
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Landry will be great, but Garrett is the Lebron James of DEs in terms of talent (not to quite to that extent).

So is Garrett going to have Sam Bowie/Greg Oden type injury history?
Originally posted by Temecula49ersfan:

I heard high-ankle sprain; totally not a big deal if you rest it enough. Didn't Oden have microfracture surgery?
Originally posted by Temecula49ersfan:

I heard high-ankle sprain; totally not a big deal if you rest it enough. Didn't Oden have microfracture surgery?

One of Odens legs were literally shorter than the other. Garretts injury is nothing imo. Just don't force him.

But s**t I would take a suggs no problem. when it comes to all time greats, suggs is underrated.
Jesus. Landry could end up being the most impactful player in the draft. The guy is disruptive on every play.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 16, 2017 at 3:38 PM ]
He really gets around the edge

Freak.

We need him at all costs. Doubt were in position for a QB... Anyways, QB/pass rusher in the first,bottom line.
Sucks that BC has him on a pitch count.

Originally posted by Heroism:

Landry compares more favorably to Derek Barnett.

Others see a better Derek Barnett as well:

[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 16, 2017 at 3:45 PM ]
I know you liked Barnett too..

If we dont get him whose the 2nd and 3rd best pass rushers worthy of a 1st?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Freak.

Share 49ersWebzone