There are 235 users in the forums

Harold Landry Boston College DE/OLB

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Finally got a chance to see the Titan's coaching tape. This is Harold Landry's first snap as a pro in the NFL regular season. Shot out of a motherf**king cannon. He smokes the left tackle.

Landry affected the QB more in one game than any edge rusher has around here since Aldon Smith

There's really not much else you can ask for in an outside rusher. He can do his job every play. Picking him would have changed this season.

So much agree on this.
Hero, how'd he do vs the run?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Finally got a chance to see the Titan's coaching tape. This is Harold Landry's first snap as a pro in the NFL regular season. Shot out of a motherf**king cannon. He smokes the left tackle.

Landry affected the QB more in one game than any edge rusher has around here since Aldon Smith

Ugh, that lean...

Wonder where all the s**t-talking yahoos are now? I was surprised Landry dropped into the mid 2nd. I was not surprised that dudes who never watched any footage of him had a great time enjoying his drop into the 2nd day. NFL is so in love with size. What a huge miss.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Ugh, that lean...

Wonder where all the s**t-talking yahoos are now? I was surprised Landry dropped into the mid 2nd. I was not surprised that dudes who never watched any footage of him had a great time enjoying his drop into the 2nd day. NFL is so in love with size. What a huge miss.

I agree, I was against drafting him at #9 due to the people I thought would be available, when Roquan got picked I'd have accepted it, but I was convinced we were going to pull out a Rueben like trade at the end of the 1st. Definite missed opportunity.

I still maintain that until he develops an effective inside move he won't be special, but he's already above average which is better than we have.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Ugh, that lean...

I agree, I was against drafting him at #9 due to the people I thought would be available, when Roquan got picked I'd have accepted it, but I was convinced we were going to pull out a Rueben like trade at the end of the 1st. Definite missed opportunity.

I still maintain that until he develops an effective inside move he won't be special, but he's already above average which is better than we have.

Would have been such a improvement over what we have currently
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Would have been such a improvement over what we have currently

No arguments there.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Ugh, that lean...

I lost all hope for that when we stupidly decided to hold a press conference while there were still 10 picks left on the 1st day.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Ugh, that lean...

I lost all hope for that when we stupidly decided to hold a press conference while there were still 10 picks left on the 1st day.

Yeah it was baffling (and well pointed out) maybe they had already called everyone they wanted to, but it was strange.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Landry continues to kick ass with his "one trick."

[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 23, 2018 at 1:37 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I'm impressed

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
I'm impressed

Waiting for those tears because we could have used those two tackles...
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Jcool:
I'm impressed

Waiting for those tears because we could have used those two tackles...

You guys can't be serious. Tape shows everything we could want as an outside rusher but ya go by the stats
Originally posted by Waterbear:
You guys can't be serious. Tape shows everything we could want as an outside rusher but ya go by the stats

Same people who are saying Armstead is a better player than Thomas. It's not much but tape shows Thomas has more to offer.
Share 49ersWebzone