LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington University

Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for jersey49er.
With the last pick in the 2nd round the New England Patriots select Cooper Kupp..him and Makcolm Mitchell tear it up for years lol
He doesnt have an ACL tear, he'll be a Patriot
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
That comparison is a little ambitious - he's smaller and slower than Jordy Nelson. The one that's floated around the most for Kupp is Brian Hartline which makes more sense. He's a tough, pretty big WR with decent athleticism and great hands who should be able to carve out a career in the NFL, but he doesn't have Nelson's combination of speed and size.

Nelson ran a 10.62 100 meter dash in high school and measured at 6'3 215 at the combine. He ran a 4.62 40 while recovering from injury, but his 100 meter dash time suggests he probably could have run in the 4.4-4.45 range if fully healthy. I could see Kupp running a 4.55 40 at 6'1-6'2 195 and getting drafted in the 3rd round. He does everything pretty well and has great hands.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Because he's white and good? Jordy Nelson is an effective deep threat who wins with superior athleticism, technique, and physicality. Kupp has the technique and physicality, but he's not as fast, and the guys he's been out-muscling are smaller and weaker.

cooper is currently 6'2" 205 lbs and last ran a 4.5 at that weight. He is contemplating dropping to 195 to run in the mid 4.4s at the combine.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jax49er:
That comparison is a little ambitious - he's smaller and slower than Jordy Nelson. The one that's floated around the most for Kupp is Brian Hartline which makes more sense. He's a tough, pretty big WR with decent athleticism and great hands who should be able to carve out a career in the NFL, but he doesn't have Nelson's combination of speed and size.

Nelson ran a 10.62 100 meter dash in high school and measured at 6'3 215 at the combine. He ran a 4.62 40 while recovering from injury, but his 100 meter dash time suggests he probably could have run in the 4.4-4.45 range if fully healthy. I could see Kupp running a 4.55 40 at 6'1-6'2 195 and getting drafted in the 3rd round. He does everything pretty well and has great hands.

Because he's white and good? Jordy Nelson is an effective deep threat who wins with superior athleticism, technique, and physicality. Kupp has the technique and physicality, but he's not as fast, and the guys he's been out-muscling are smaller and weaker.

cooper is currently 6'2" 205 lbs and last ran a 4.5 at that weight. He is contemplating dropping to 195 to run in the mid 4.4s at the combine.

Guy has put up big numbers when he has gone against Pac 12 schools Washington, Oregon, Washington St. and Oregon St.......I really like this guy.
Originally posted by Jax49er:

Guess I'm on the money then - a 4.5 hand timed 40 is closer to a 4.6 at the combine. If he cuts weight to 195, he may hit my prediction exactly.

edited
[ Edited by 49ERFANb4Uwas on Jan 21, 2017 at 1:13 AM ]
Kupp is an absolute BEAST. If NE some how got him he would be a star.

I have loved watching him play for years now, very sad to see him go but he has sky high potential.
Teams that have a passing game will love him like Pats, Steelers, Packers etc
I had his grandfathers football card when I was a kid!

Kupp is tearing it up at the Senior Bowl. They are saying if he runs well at the combine he could sneak into the late 1st.

Im impressed.
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline writes that Eastern Washington WR Cooper Kupp "[caught] everything thrown his way" during Wednesday's Senior Bowl practice.

"He ran sharp routes to create separation and showed excellent reaction time on short passes thrown outside his body," notes Pauline. "Kupp was consistently in position to make catches after exiting his route breaks and had an overall excellent showing." The analyst grades him as a potential second-round pick this spring. He's not alone in taking note of Kupp's work during the Senior Bowl practice week, as NFL Media's Mike Mayock has been similarly impressed. Mayock believes Kupp will find success early on in his NFL career.

Source: Draft Analyst
  • fan49
  • Veteran
is it me or does kupp have the best hands in the draft? maybe even the best route runner?
Originally posted by fan49:
is it me or does kupp have the best hands in the draft? maybe even the best route runner?

I have been high on Kupp for a bit. Just like the way he plays. As you say he has great hands. Is a hands catcher. Runs good routes. Reasonably healthy, but when not has proven to play through it a lot.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Kupp is tearing it up at the Senior Bowl. They are saying if he runs well at the combine he could sneak into the late 1st.

Hope flies under the radar that way we can possibly take a look at him in the later rounds. Kid looks polished
Share 49ersWebzone