LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington University

Haven't seen him mentioned yet so i figured i'd start a thread

Cooper Kupp is a great kid, a team player who leads by example. He is also my cousin so i can personally vouch for this.

He holds 14 FCS records at WR. Including most yards, receptions and Touchdowns in a Career, and is leading the FCS in all 3 of those categories again this season.

He is a Senior, 6'2" 205 lbs. Mock drafts currently have him going in the 3rd round. He has the ability physically and mentally to be a late first round talent.

Highlights From his Junior Season:

Highlights from this Season Vs. Washington:

He would be a perfect undervalued 3rd round pick to build the franchise around.
[ Edited by Jax49er on Dec 17, 2016 at 5:00 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Fournette,Kupp and DeMarcus Walker are my draft crushes........Love Kupp!!
I think he'll be a solid NFL receiver. He has a combination of smarts, savvy and toughness that will serve him well. Can see him being a guy that often wins on 3rd downs just through sheer determination and physicality. He'll be the 3rd generation NFL player in his family.
If he can be anything close production-wise to a guy like Eric Decker I'd take him in a heartbeat. Seems like he has a similar skill set.

I know. Racist.
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Dec 17, 2016 at 7:00 PM ]
I've watched Kupp the past 3 years. Great player great kid. Only problem is we prob won't get him. He is gone in round 2 most likely but I can also see a team grab him late in the first. If we don't take a QB in 1 then we probably will in 2.
[ Edited by stonecold590 on Oct 5, 2019 at 2:11 PM ]
Would be very happy with him in the 3rd, absolute steal in the 4th and beyond
Kupp will not be there in the 3rd. Late 1st or 2nd rounder.
I'll admit, I judged him because he's white but dude looks like a legit baller. Great control when the ball is in the air, good run after the catch. Don't see a lot of action against press but who knows?
I'll take a Kupp .... think of all the bad puns and Patriot jokes

I really think he looks good,
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Kupp will not be there in the 3rd. Late 1st or 2nd rounder.

I agree with this. He goes no later than late 2nd. Kupp, Darboh, Switzer are a few of my favorite wr's this year.

Jordy Nelson
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Jordy Nelson

Good guy to be compared to.

If we draft him all we'll need is a guy who can get him the ball consistently.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Jordy Nelson

Good guy to be compared to.

If we draft him all we'll need is a guy who can get him the ball consistently.

That comparison is a little ambitious - he's smaller and slower than Jordy Nelson. The one that's floated around the most for Kupp is Brian Hartline which makes more sense. He's a tough, pretty big WR with decent athleticism and great hands who should be able to carve out a career in the NFL, but he doesn't have Nelson's combination of speed and size.

Nelson ran a 10.62 100 meter dash in high school and measured at 6'3 215 at the combine. He ran a 4.62 40 while recovering from injury, but his 100 meter dash time suggests he probably could have run in the 4.4-4.45 range if fully healthy. I could see Kupp running a 4.55 40 at 6'1-6'2 195 and getting drafted in the 3rd round. He does everything pretty well and has great hands.
Jordy Nelson

Because he's white and good? Jordy Nelson is an effective deep threat who wins with superior athleticism, technique, and physicality. Kupp has the technique and physicality, but he's not as fast, and the guys he's been out-muscling are smaller and weaker.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Because he's white and good? Jordy Nelson is an effective deep threat who wins with superior athleticism, technique, and physicality. Kupp has the technique and physicality, but he's not as fast, and the guys he's been out-muscling are smaller and weaker.

Fine, he's Adam Thielen
Share 49ersWebzone