LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Marlon Humphrey - CB, Alabama

I was watching Foster's game against USC and this guy jumped out. Looked like he shut down Smith Schuster for the most part and was aggressive in run support. He missed a couple tackles in the USC game, but played extremely well against Texas A&M. He's big, physical, and very athletic and he's only 20 years old (July birthday) so he's probably still developing physically. Seems like a possible target if we trade back from #2 since we don't have a true #1 CB.

Athleticism runs in his genes - his dad was a Heisman candidate at RB at Alabama and his mom set track records at Alabama. He's wearing the same #26 jersey that his father wore at Alabama and it sounds like he's learned from his father's mistakes off the football field. He also ran a 10.97 100 meter dash as a 16 year old which is impressive (Fournette ran a 10.68 in high school, but it was as an 18 year old).

http://www.espn.com/colleges/alabama/story/_/id/8105398/marlon-humphrey-learns-father-mistakes
I really like Humphrey. I would never take him at 2 but f we decided to trade back to acquire 2 firsts I would definitely be looking at Humph with 1 of them. Humphrey and Foster would make me happy but if 1 was already gone I'd look at Humphrey/Foster with 1 pick and WR with the next.
Just for the record before the season begins:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/187168-tim-williams-alabama-lb/page7/search=tim%20williams

Originally posted by NinerSickness:

...And I'm telling you that Marlon Humphrey will be a pro-bowl-caliber CB, Tyus Bowser will be a staple of a great defense for years, and Tim Williams is just too much up-side not to risk a 3rd-round pick when you have a need (Chris Wormley was a solid, need pick).
I was impressed by his first game this year, he's playing mad

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/187168-tim-williams-alabama-lb/page7/search=tim%20williams

...And I'm telling you that Marlon Humphrey will be a pro-bowl-caliber CB, Tyus Bowser will be a staple of a great defense for years, and Tim Williams is just too much up-side not to risk a 3rd-round pick when you have a need (Chris Wormley was a solid, need pick).

I had him as my #2 CB and a top 10 talent. I really liked Humphrey's game.
I feel like bamas cbs are grossly overrated. Their safeties are usually a safe bet though.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I feel like bamas cbs are grossly overrated. Their safeties are usually a safe bet though.

Agreed 100%
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Defensively the Ravens had a pretty awesome draft.

Their offense on the other hand?
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Defensively the Ravens had a pretty awesome draft.

Their offense on the other hand?

imo the nfl isnt the same if the ravens don't have a dominant defense.
Alabamas looong list of successful pro cornerbacks

Kareem Jackson

That's it

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Agreed 100%

Yup, actually that is what surprised me about his play.

Kareem Jackson

That's it

Isn't Dre Kirkpatrick a starter?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Kareem Jackson

That's it

Isn't Dre Kirkpatrick a starter?

Is he finally starting? I thought they drafted William Jackson because Dre was a bust.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Agreed 100%

It's still early. But he has been looking good.

I think minkah Fitzpatrick looks intriguing also.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Agreed 100%

It's still early. But he has been looking good.

I think minkah Fitzpatrick looks intriguing also.

They always do! Then CBS flashes the average time a QB has before pressure gets to an opposing QB. And then it's just cover 3 with quick pressure that's a very very good recipe for a successful defense.
Share 49ersWebzone