LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

My Mock Offseason Version 1

Originally posted by 9moon:

Tell me something NY, would you as the 49er GM chosen Goff or Wentz over Buckner if both were available when we were pickin last year??

If I was the GM I would have done A LOT of different things top to bottom including hiring a different HC. All three wouldn't be there, but if by the grace of god they were at 7 I would have picked Buckner and drafted Dak in the 3rd lol

but to really answer you question I liked Goff's footwork and accuracy but I loved Wentz leadership and skill set for a chip kelly offense. I'd be happy with either 3 too be honest

Here's my last mock I did which I would have been happy with

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/185544-lying-final-mock-nyniner85/search=nyniner85

FYI not sure what you're shaking your head at anyway?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 2, 2016 at 1:58 PM ]
Not bad, I like a lot about it but like a lot have already sad I don't think Chandler Jones is going to be available..i like the Peppers signing too but 1 thinkg I don't think I seen was cutting Bethea..I sure hope your not planning on keeping him bc hes garbage..
Hoyer for qb your kidding. the rest looks cool except i see no reason why any team would take tank carradine in a trade
Originally posted by lamontb:
Why in the world would the Pats wr coach become our OC?

What's so good about him anyway?
If we don't get Garrett or a QB and I wouldn't mind getting a a LB like Raekwon McMillan or Rueben Foster.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stefano89:
Hoyer for qb your kidding. the rest looks cool except i see no reason why any team would take tank carradine in a trade

Hoyer has been solid the last 2 seasons. And he would be a backup.

We have been able to trade guys like Rashaun Woods in the past. I see both Carradine and Agholor as "busts" who may do well with a new team. Plus Philly gets a 6th round pick
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Not bad, I like a lot about it but like a lot have already sad I don't think Chandler Jones is going to be available..i like the Peppers signing too but 1 thinkg I don't think I seen was cutting Bethea..I sure hope your not planning on keeping him bc hes garbage..

Agree that Chandler Jones most likely won't hit Free Agency but I guess I'm holding out hope. Possible I could swap Jones with Melvin Ingram
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Why in the world would the Pats wr coach become our OC?

Because it's a promotion and as long as McDaniels is there O'Shea won't sniff an OC job in New England
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I've been wondering if we could land Pettine but I'm guessing he's gonna have choices lol.

Chandler jones isn't going anywhere and peppers is gonna be 37 no way your giving someone two yrs at that age. I would also keep kap if he wants to stay.

Love all your draft picks, but pass rusher IMO would have to be looked at cause I don't see Jones going anywhere or coming here, he will get paid wherever he goes.

Going after devonte fields in the 3rd instead of Watkins (who I like) would be better value.

Good job man!

In hindsight I would have swapped out Jones and Peppers with Melivin Ingram and Demarcus aware who would be more likely to hit free agency and have more football in him respectively
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SheHateMe:
Chandler Jones will never hit free agency. Love Pettine. I don't think Trubisky is an immediate(if ever)upgrade to Kap so why not keep Kap and still draft Trubisky? Also, we need Oline help. Also, why get rid of Brooks and Dorsey/Williams as spot players or rats tip all guys?

No edge rusher in the draft too. This is our weakest position by far. I saw a Qb earlier this year eat an entire sandwhich before he threw the ball against our pass rush.

Love Corey Davis and Sprinkle. How can you not love a dude named Sprinkle?

Kap is a relatively known commodity and he is due $19 million in 2017. In comparison Trubisky is younger, has a higher ceiling and would be approximately $7 on average for the next 4 years.

Kap has done well in Chip's system but no way he comes back at $19 and unless we believe he is truly the answer we aren't giving him a long term deal.

Agree with you about edge rusher, I guess I was banking on the two free agent signings plus Lynch being around and Harold developing more to improve the pass rush.

I'd love to tackle all the issues we have in one offseason but that's wishful thinking.

I appreciate the feedback though

Tell me something NY, would you as the 49er GM chosen Goff or Wentz over Buckner if both were available when we were pickin last year??

If I was the GM I would have done A LOT of different things top to bottom including hiring a different HC. All three wouldn't be there, but if by the grace of god they were at 7 I would have picked Buckner and drafted Dak in the 3rd lol

but to really answer you question I liked Goff's footwork and accuracy but I loved Wentz leadership and skill set for a chip kelly offense. I'd be happy with either 3 too be honest

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/185544-lying-final-mock-nyniner85/search=nyniner85

Send Jed your resume'. Why can fans see what Baalke is so blind to?
Originally posted by Sourball:

I swear half the guys are here could do a better job
Originally posted by Sourball:

I swear half the guys are here could do a better job

Does Trent Baalke have twitter? Do a mock draft here and tweet him the link
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by stefano89:

Hoyer has been solid the last 2 seasons. And he would be a backup.

We have been able to trade guys like Rashaun Woods in the past. I see both Carradine and Agholor as "busts" who may do well with a new team. Plus Philly gets a 6th round pick

I don't think we'd need to throw any picks in for that trade to go through. At this point I don't think Agholor has any more value than Tank. It would be like when we traded Jenkins for Baldwin.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

He just likes those ones a lot, he's been dying to use them
Share 49ersWebzone