LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 139 users in the forums

Preliminary preference: 2017 1st Rd pick

Preliminary preference: 2017 1st Rd pick

Based on the bulk of the college season, projected 49ers needs and your early preferences, what is your early favorite scenario for the Niners 1st pick?
Garrett looks like a sure thing
We all seem to think Myles Garrett makes the most sense for the 49ers. If we had an additional 1st round pick, I would be even higher on Garrett, because we'd have a shot at getting Kizer or Watson as well, especially if we're willing to trade up from that pick.

But a lot of us seem to think the Browns are going to pick Trubisky even though they have an extra first round pick? They also have a rookie QB who has looked okay (95.7 passer rating) even though he may not have the tools to be a franchise QB. The Browns don't have anyone on their roster with more than 3.5 sacks this year and there's a really talented pass rusher sitting at the top of most big boards. I can't imagine them going in another direction.
Myles Garrett.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
We all seem to think Myles Garrett makes the most sense for the 49ers. If we had an additional 1st round pick, I would be even higher on Garrett, because we'd have a shot at getting Kizer or Watson as well, especially if we're willing to trade up from that pick.

But a lot of us seem to think the Browns are going to pick Trubisky even though they have an extra first round pick? They also have a rookie QB who has looked okay (95.7 passer rating) even though he may not have the tools to be a franchise QB. The Browns don't have anyone on their roster with more than 3.5 sacks this year and there's a really talented pass rusher sitting at the top of most big boards. I can't imagine them going in another direction.

The Browns have an extra 1st Round pick but by the time they use that, Trubisky will be long gone. They also did just trade for Jamie Collins and he's already stepping up for them.
[ Edited by Alfienator on Nov 26, 2016 at 10:37 AM ]
Myles should be the pick but realistically he might be gone so I'd roll with Trubisky.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Garrett or Trubisky, whichever one is left.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Myles should be the pick but realistically he might be gone so I'd roll with Trubisky.

Yeah
I would love a player like Garrett. But something tells me we will end up screwing up our draft by accidentally winning 1-2 more games
Originally posted by Alfienator:
The Browns have an extra 1st Round pick but by the time they use that, Trubisky will be long gone. They also did just trade for Jamie Collins and he's already stepping up for them.

You could add they drafted 3 pass rusher in 2016 as well (drafted one in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th). Who knows what their gonna do lol. Regardless we have to have the 2nd pick in this draft...no stupid pointless wins please!

Best QB (Trubisky). For once this decade, please invest in the offense.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Garrett or Trubisky, whichever one is left.

This. No reason to go in any other direction. Get the top pass rusher or top QB, period
  • HERN
  • Veteran
It makes more sense that the Browns draft Myles with #1 and use there 2nd 1st round pick in trading for Jimmy G.

That would leave Trubisky/Peppers/Allen.

I'd go with a trade down and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd.

Then hope Peppers or Allen's is still available, if not go with Reuben Foster.
Originally posted by HERN:
It makes more sense that the Browns draft Myles with #1 and use there 2nd 1st round pick in trading for Jimmy G.

That would leave Trubisky/Peppers/Allen.

I'd go with a trade down and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd.

Then hope Peppers or Allen's is still available, if not go with Reuben Foster.

Pass on peppers...not even the top safety in this draft and I don't see him as a elite ILB. Allen would be a waste as a NT for us (if we didn't have AA or buck sure). Love foster but not at the cost of losing Trubisky.

Why not get Mitch then move back up for foster or Cunningham? I'd rather have 4 good prospects then a bunch of developmental guys out of this draft.

Cunningham doesn't get enough love dude is a animal and is looking like a top 25 pick that would cost us our 2nd 4th and 5th I'd be fine with that.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 26, 2016 at 12:42 PM ]
I cant help thinking about the Alex Smith draft when they passed on Shawn Merriman...
Share 49ersWebzone