• Ray Ray Armstrong, LB

Cut
  • Ahmad Brooks, EDGE
  • Antoine Bethea, SS

Free Agents
  • Chandler Jones, EDGE
  • TJ McDonald, SS
  • Kendall Wright, WR

(Cut 2 older players and replace them with younger, better options from division rivals)

49ers Draft

Trade 2nd overall pick for 7th overall pick, 2nd round pick, 4th round pick, and 2018 1st round pick

1. Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama

2a. Trade to Patriots with conditional 2nd/3rd round 2018 draft pick for Jimmy Garoppolo, QB

2b. Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

3. Elijah Qualls, NT, Washington

4a. Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

4b. Jordan Willis, EDGE, Kansas State

5. Jon Toth, C, Kentucky

6a. Ben Boulware, LB, Clemson

6b. Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss

7. Andreas Knappe, OT, UConn

2017 Depth Chart

HC: Josh McDaniels
OC: Brian Daboll
DC: Mike Vrabel

QB: Garoppolo, Gabbert, Kelly
RB: Hyde, Mixon, D Harris, M Davis
WRx: T Smith, E Rogers
WRz: C Davis, Burbridge
WRy: Wright, Kerley
TE: V McDonald, Celek, Bell
LT: Staley, Theus
LG: Beadles
OC: Kilgore, Toth
RG: Garnett, Tiller
RT: T Brown, Knappe

LE: Armstead, Dial
NT: Qualls, Dorsey
RE: Buckner, Blair
ROLB: Lynch, Harold
RILB: Foster, Armstrong
LILB: Bowman, Boulware
LOLB: C Jones, J Willis
LCB: Brock, D Johnson
RCB: R Robinson, Reaser
NCB: Ward, Redmond
FS: Reid, Cromartie
SS: T McDonald, Tartt

LS: Nelson
K: Dawson
P: Pinion
[ Edited by Cooper22 on Nov 12, 2016 at 11:56 AM ]
Chip Kelly will be our coach next year.
I like it. Nice offseason. Don't know if Mixon fits the Niners "win with class" motto, but they actually need to win some to make that work. Definitely agree with the Willis and pick and the Kelly picks late.
I wouldn't be upset with this. But I doubt Kelly is leaving SF.
Originally posted by Zachary13White:

This. I always enjoying mocks and what ifs, even if I think what I'm reading isn't going to happen.

Kelly is staying. McDaniels can be selective to what he wants, because every offseason he'll be a premier canidate until the opportunity that he wants comes open. He's already interviewed with us twice and nothing ever materialized. And I don't think Daboll would follow McDaniels to his next stop. I read that Daboll and McDaniels had some friction in the past over McDaniels getting the offensive coordinator job with the pats. If McDaniels left then Daboll would probably slide into McDaniels position as offensive coordinator with the pats.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 15, 2016 at 8:46 AM ]
Yea the coaching options are a pipe dream. Chandler Jones is an even bigger pipe dream. I think we going to have to give up more than just a 2nd rounder for Jimmy Grapps and need to get Brock outta of there also. Robinson and Ward need to start
Looks good but I would get Dontari Poe in free agency and use the 3rd to get devonte fields.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

This. I always enjoying mocks and what ifs, even if I think what I'm reading isn't going to happen.

Kelly is staying. McDaniels can be selective to what he wants, because every offseason he'll be a premier canidate until the opportunity that he wants comes open. He's already interviewed with us twice and nothing ever materialized. And I don't think Daboll would follow McDaniels to his next stop. I read that Daboll and McDaniels had some friction in the past over McDaniels getting the offensive coordinator job with the pats. If McDaniels left then Daboll would probably slide into McDaniels position as offensive coordinator with the pats.

I also think Kelly stays, but I think we are closer to a scenario for getting McDaniels than we were in the past. I think he'd want to bring his own (or be his own) FO guy, and Jed was still in love w/Trent. Might not be so strong of a bond these days...
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

I also think Kelly stays, but I think we are closer to a scenario for getting McDaniels than we were in the past. I think he'd want to bring his own (or be his own) FO guy, and Jed was still in love w/Trent. Might not be so strong of a bond these days...
It's hard to say on McDaniels. He had personnel control in Denver and has since said he learned from his mistakes there and said he tried to take on too much control. However he does seem like the type still that would wanna "buy his own groceries."

Tbh, we have our opinions but it's hard to say how people feel about working for the Yorks right now. McDaniels is viewed as one of if not the top candidate out there right now, and as I said before he will always have options. Are the 49ers an attractive job right now? Doesn't seem like they'd be, personnel control or not, as they've been on the wrong side of the news in a dysfunctional kind of way for two years now. There are guys out there that will take the job. Theres only 32 of them. There's coaches out there that dream of having that opportunity to be a head coach. But then you got the higher end guys like McDaniels that will just simply have there chance to be selective because of the successful organizations that they are tied too. Those higher end candidates look for opportunities that either have some young building blocks in place like a young potential franchise QB or a well respected ownership and it is my opinion that the 49ers currently possess neither.

Lastly, I fear that Baalke is getting another season. His actions this past offseason were far from a man feeling the heat on the hot seat. He's been in the organization for a long time now and still probably has the York's trust and they probably feel that unfortunate situations have the team in their current state, not by their GM's actions. No matter how I feel about Baalke anymore, I strongly feel that the York's are going to keep him around for another season.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 15, 2016 at 4:57 PM ]
Interesting.

IMO, Kelly will be here.

You forgot to drop kick Tank

Still really like the idea of maybe trading back a few spots (if possible) and getting Foster in that 5-8 range.

I don't like anyone besides Foster at 2 overall if the Browns take Garrett, and as we know, inside linebackers tend to have a little less value in the draft.
[ Edited by Cooper22 on Dec 14, 2016 at 9:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone