There are 131 users in the forums

NT Vita Vea - Washington - 6'5" - 332

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Dude is a monster, but isn't he more a 3-4 guy?

Yes.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Dude is a monster, but isn't he more a 3-4 guy?

Yes.

Or a 2-4 guy. UW likes to put two down DL on the field to occupy 4 OL, and they're damn good at it. Ikaika Malloe is a wizard, and he recruits the hell out of Hawaii.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Dude is a monster, but isn't he more a 3-4 guy?

Yes.

Or a 2-4 guy. UW likes to put two down DL on the field to occupy 4 OL, and they're damn good at it. Ikaika Malloe is a wizard, and he recruits the hell out of Hawaii.

Interesting tactic. And my first thought was Saleh ain't smart enough to do something like that lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Kinda gives you an idea of the talent level in this draft at other positions

I think this draft is pretty underrated. Weak at the sexy positions (WR, Pass Rusher) pretty on par at QB(I still think Rosen's gonna be special) and after the 2-3 rounds the talent dries up. But in the first 3 rounds there's some real talent to be had.
but can this guy play in zone coverage? thats the real question here.
Impact, impact, impact. Watched 8 of his games from 2017 last night, and he jumps off the screen. Will surely be a top 10 prospect for me in this draft. A combination of Haloti Ngata and Dontari Poe. He is a perfect fit for a 3-4 team, and has versatility to play inside and outside in that role. He could also be inside in a 4-3 scheme as a 0 technique, hogging blockers so Buckner can make plays.

Vea was the Pac 12 Defensive Player of the Year, and it was an easy choice. I have him graded over Alabama's Da'Ron Payne, who is going to be a really good interior DL in the NFL and may end up a top 10 pick.

Whoever gets Vea is going to post a top 10 run defense, because he can stand up to double teams. Strong, agile (I love how he jumps over players on the ground), and fast for a 340+ pounder. Crazy athleticism.

I know a lot of people would hesitate to draft another DL, but the best team in the NFL this year is the Philadelphia Eagles, and their DL (the best in the game) is extraordinarily stacked with numerous 1st round picks. It is an option to consider.

I love this kid.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Impact, impact, impact. Watched 8 of his games from 2017 last night, and he jumps off the screen. Will surely be a top 10 prospect for me in this draft. A combination of Haloti Ngata and Dontari Poe. He is a perfect fit for a 3-4 team, and has versatility to play inside and outside in that role. He could also be inside in a 4-3 scheme as a 0 technique, hogging blockers so Buckner can make plays.

Vea was the Pac 12 Defensive Player of the Year, and it was an easy choice. I have him graded over Alabama's Da'Ron Payne, who is going to be a really good interior DL in the NFL and may end up a top 10 pick.

Whoever gets Vea is going to post a top 10 run defense, because he can stand up to double teams. Strong, agile (I love how he jumps over players on the ground), and fast for a 340+ pounder. Crazy athleticism.

I know a lot of people would hesitate to draft another DL, but the best team in the NFL this year is the Philadelphia Eagles, and their DL (the best in the game) is extraordinarily stacked with numerous 1st round picks. It is an option to consider.

I love this kid.

It starts and ends up front. If their QB doesn't have time and ours does....we win. If they can't run the ball but we can....we win
49ers use a tilted 1t nose, whose primary role is to penetrate and get skinny through that frontside A gap. I'm not sure that fits what Vita does best. Vita Vea is freaken huge and his get off might be a little slow to be knifing gaps. He looks much better suited to play in a two-gapping scheme where he can be head up(0tech) with his weight back in his stance. I love the player, tho. He's got a filthy hump move.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 22, 2017 at 8:41 PM ]
One of the best NT prospects i've ever seen period. If he is there in the second round I would be all in. Just watching him over the years he was always in the backfield making plays.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Impact, impact, impact. Watched 8 of his games from 2017 last night, and he jumps off the screen. Will surely be a top 10 prospect for me in this draft. A combination of Haloti Ngata and Dontari Poe. He is a perfect fit for a 3-4 team, and has versatility to play inside and outside in that role. He could also be inside in a 4-3 scheme as a 0 technique, hogging blockers so Buckner can make plays.

Vea was the Pac 12 Defensive Player of the Year, and it was an easy choice. I have him graded over Alabama's Da'Ron Payne, who is going to be a really good interior DL in the NFL and may end up a top 10 pick.

Whoever gets Vea is going to post a top 10 run defense, because he can stand up to double teams. Strong, agile (I love how he jumps over players on the ground), and fast for a 340+ pounder. Crazy athleticism.

I know a lot of people would hesitate to draft another DL, but the best team in the NFL this year is the Philadelphia Eagles, and their DL (the best in the game) is extraordinarily stacked with numerous 1st round picks. It is an option to consider.

I love this kid.

But would he be available with the second round pick?

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Impact, impact, impact. Watched 8 of his games from 2017 last night, and he jumps off the screen. Will surely be a top 10 prospect for me in this draft. A combination of Haloti Ngata and Dontari Poe. He is a perfect fit for a 3-4 team, and has versatility to play inside and outside in that role. He could also be inside in a 4-3 scheme as a 0 technique, hogging blockers so Buckner can make plays.

Vea was the Pac 12 Defensive Player of the Year, and it was an easy choice. I have him graded over Alabama's Da'Ron Payne, who is going to be a really good interior DL in the NFL and may end up a top 10 pick.

Whoever gets Vea is going to post a top 10 run defense, because he can stand up to double teams. Strong, agile (I love how he jumps over players on the ground), and fast for a 340+ pounder. Crazy athleticism.

I know a lot of people would hesitate to draft another DL, but the best team in the NFL this year is the Philadelphia Eagles, and their DL (the best in the game) is extraordinarily stacked with numerous 1st round picks. It is an option to consider.

I love this kid.

But would he be available with the second round pick?

Not late 2nd....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
But would he be available with the second round pick?

No, too athletic and too productive. Probably slots in the 12-20 area.
I wouldnt be upset if we took him with our first pick tbh. A better defensive line improves the LBs and DBs
Originally posted by Dillesq:
I wouldnt be upset if we took him with our first pick tbh. A better defensive line improves the LBs and DBs

i dont know if he would play enough to warrant a high 1st. Mitchell and Jones are enough to go into 2018 with
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i dont know if he would play enough to warrant a high 1st. Mitchell and Jones are enough to go into 2018 with

He does not fit our scheme, and with the amount of talent coming out at DT next year, id be very very very upset with this pick.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Dec 25, 2017 at 3:05 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone