There are 173 users in the forums

NT Vita Vea - Washington - 6'5" - 332

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Jcool:
I wouldn't be upset with that...6-5 kinda tall for a NT though

Almost all the top DT's in the draft are 6-3+.

6-5 is pretty tall man...I like him dont get me wrong ...don't want to spend a 2nd rd pick on a NT regardless, rather go to FA
We need to sign Dontari Poe.
Originally posted by SF_Warrior:
Originally posted by Jcool:
I wouldn't be upset with that...6-5 kinda tall for a NT though

Almost all the top DT's in the draft are 6-3+.

6-5 is pretty tall man...I like him dont get me wrong ...don't want to spend a 2nd rd pick on a NT regardless, rather go to FA
We need to sign Dontari Poe.

Ian Williams, Dontari Poe, Vitae Vea, etc.

Just get a REAL healthy NT in here. Please.
you can find a two-gapping, run-stuffing nose tackle waaaaaaaaaaaay later in the draft. not to mention they're completely off the field in sub packages.

unless we're shifting to an entirely different scheme like a true 4-3, there's no need to waste a high pick on a penetrating fat guy; we just need a fat guy that can eat up space.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 31, 2016 at 2:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
you can find a two-gapping, run-stuffing nose tackle waaaaaaaaaaaay later in the draft. not to mention they're completely off the field in sub packages.

unless we're shifting to an entirely different scheme like a true 4-3, there's no need to waste a high pick on a penetrating fat guy; we just need a fat guy that can eat up space.

This...plus all this talk of drafting Allen and pushing him inside is silly as well. He's a 3-4 DE it would be a waste having him sit in the middle and eat up blockers.
Nothing special about this dude tbh rather sign a proven player like Poe
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Nothing special about this dude tbh rather sign a proven player like Poe

Bama ran all over Washington tonight
Bama ran all over Washington tonight

Vea was gassed by half time. He shouldn't be on the field as much as he was.

Well that makes it about 15 players going in the top 5
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I don't see him in the top 5 at all. You got two QB's going possibly between 1-3, Saquan Barkley and either a Safety or Bradley Chubb. Calvin Ridley or Courtland Sutton may sneak into the top 5 too.

Its like this every year. Inevitably some of these guys will have bad medicals, turn out to be headcases or just plain overrated and the herd gets thinned out
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I don't see him in the top 5 at all. You got two QB's going possibly between 1-3, Saquan Barkley and either a Safety or Bradley Chubb. Calvin Ridley or Courtland Sutton may sneak into the top 5 too.

I just don't ever see a NT going that high ever. Most nose tackles get 15 snaps a game. The return on investment just wouldn't be there.
Haloti Ngata 2. Safest pick in the draft, but not good value.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I just don't ever see a NT going that high ever. Most nose tackles get 15 snaps a game. The return on investment just wouldn't be there.

Kinda gives you an idea of the talent level in this draft at other positions
Dude is a monster, but isn't he more a 3-4 guy?
Share 49ersWebzone