LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

NT Vita Vea - Washington - 6'5" - 332

Man remembe when we were desperate for a NT before the switch to 3-4? He wouldve been the perfect guy.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Man remembe when we were desperate for a NT before the switch to 3-4? He wouldve been the perfect guy.

IMO with his explosion, he is more than just a space-eater and has shown versatility. My pipe dream is that Saleh uses multiple alignments to let Vea, Buckner, and Thomas wreak havoc. I believe Gus Bradley tinkered around with lineups and gap assignments when Saleh was around him. Vea being a local guy and Justin Smith fan are the sentimental cherries on top.

. . . but dreaming aside, I'm expecting them to target Smith, Fitzpatrick, or Landry. They should find a quality player at 9. Plus, I think Saleh was quoted as saying that his ideal alignment is to rush Buckner and Thomas from the inside.

Ha! Baalke would have passed just to spite his coach! Would have picked Edmunds, Davenport or James.
Yeah if we didn't draft Solly last year he would have been a viable choice for sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pats make a move for him.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Yeah if we didn't draft Solly last year he would have been a viable choice for sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pats make a move for him.

Pats traded for Danny Shelton and have Malcom Brown. They're good at that spot.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 19, 2018 at 12:37 PM ]
Cawks are having dinner with him tonight. Also heard they're already supposed to release McDowell as well.
Originally posted by zonkers:
IMO with his explosion, he is more than just a space-eater and has shown versatility. My pipe dream is that Saleh uses multiple alignments to let Vea, Buckner, and Thomas wreak havoc. I believe Gus Bradley tinkered around with lineups and gap assignments when Saleh was around him. Vea being a local guy and Justin Smith fan are the sentimental cherries on top.

. . . but dreaming aside, I'm expecting them to target Smith, Fitzpatrick, or Landry. They should find a quality player at 9. Plus, I think Saleh was quoted as saying that his ideal alignment is to rush Buckner and Thomas from the inside.

oh yeah he is super athletic and could play well in a lot of schemes. But we have enough interior d-line. And I would be okay with either smith, landry, or fitz (i'm probably one of the few that like him) and I hope we don't get edmunds.

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Ha! Baalke would have passed just to spite his coach! Would have picked Edmunds, Davenport or James.

there's no doubt he would get Davenport if he were still here.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Don't sleep on Sweat. 34+'' arms and 5-star HS recruit!!!

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Cawks are having dinner with him tonight. Also heard they're already supposed to release McDowell as well.

Need to make a move up if they want a shot at him