LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

NT Vita Vea - Washington - 6'5" - 332

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Vita doesn't come off the field on 3rd downs. No reason too. He's fast enough to get to the QB. He plays on passing downs for Washington. There's no reason he would need to come off the field for us. He's a GREAT PASS RUSHER.
Exactly. People think just because he's big, he can't get to the QB. He'll collapse the pocket and walk up the G/C to the QB if he isn't doubled. Edge rushers would love this. If they double Vea, Buck is killin the Guard.

They haven't studied Vea. He jumps off the tape the most when he's rushing the passer. The man is damn near unstoppable and if he's getting 1 on 1 with a G or C then good luck lol

Agree. Frustrating when talking about line play to guys who don't do their homework. I said it from Day 1, he's killing those 1 on 1 right now.

Vita doesn't come off the field on 3rd downs. No reason too. He's fast enough to get to the QB. He plays on passing downs for Washington. There's no reason he would need to come off the field for us. He's a GREAT PASS RUSHER.
Exactly. People think just because he's big, he can't get to the QB. He'll collapse the pocket and walk up the G/C to the QB if he isn't doubled. Edge rushers would love this. If they double Vea, Buck is killin the Guard.

They haven't studied Vea. He jumps off the tape the most when he's rushing the passer. The man is damn near unstoppable and if he's getting 1 on 1 with a G or C then good luck lol

Agree. Frustrating when talking about line play to guys who don't do their homework. I said it from Day 1, he's killing those 1 on 1 right now.

Our middle would be absolutely devastating. But I just can't see it happening.

If the plan is to push solly inside like saleh said then what? You have Buck/solly/upgraded LEO/then a speed guy like Dumervil on the other side. We have interior pass rush, we have nothing on the outside.

No one says he's a bad prospect he's very good but it makes zero sense...like I keep saying if we want what Seattle had please show me that dominated 3-down NT that they drafted?
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Solly had 34 total pressures and 10 sacks as a DT in college on less than 400 pass-rush snaps last yr. The plan from saleh is to make him a interior guy on passing downs. You have Buck already dominating , we need edge guys not more interior rushers. Throw in Sheldon day and DJ Jones and we're more than set there.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

If the plan is to push solly inside like saleh said then what? You have Buck/solly/upgraded LEO/then a speed guy like Dumervil on the other side. We have interior pass rush, we have nothing on the outside.

No one says he's a bad prospect he's very good but it makes zero sense...like I keep saying if we want what Seattle had please show me that dominated 3-down NT that they drafted?

I don't think we're trying to re-create Seattle. And even if we were, nothing says you have to follow everything they did stringently.
I don't think we're trying to re-create Seattle. And even if we were, nothing says you have to follow everything they did stringently.

Why would you not want to re-create that defense? That's what saleh learned and will apply...In this scheme you don't need a stud NT. Like I said we need edge guys especially if we move solly inside. Get Ziggy at LEO, buck and solly inside, and Elvis/another speedy edge rusher on the other end.

Would be a silly pick and would be even more silly in the top 10. Good player not a need for this team.
Originally posted by delphs:

And? Qb had plenty of time to throw the ball.

Don't hate, appreciate!

To all the guys who think it's a silly pick, please just watch the film. A lot of things Vea does don't show up on stat sheet.

I thought it would be a crazy pick too until i dove into his tape. And my god i got a boner watching this man penetrate play after play even against double teams.

He played RB in high school lol. The athleticism and speed is there he's explosive off the line and can't be handled 1 on 1. His strength is elite, his hands are violent and he has a bevy of moves to get to the QB.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Token fake and hits his first read. That isn't a lot of time. Vea put the guard on the ground and would've gotten home around 4-5 secs from the snap. Dude watch the film or at least learn how to. If you were as good at dissecting film as you were with making empty replys, you'd be an NFL analyst.
[ Edited by TheNef77 on Feb 10, 2018 at 4:25 PM ]

Token fake and hits his first read. That isn't a lot of time. Vea put the guard on the ground and would've gotten home around 4-5 secs from the snap. Dude watch the film or at least learn how to. If you were as good at dissecting film as you were with making empty replys, you'd be an NFL analyst.

He put the guy on his ass with nothing more than a shoulder shrug. I don't think people understand how much power that takes lol. Vea is a freak show

4-5 secs hahaha...that's an eternity in the NFL. A 334 pound man pushed over a 290 LG isn't some magically thing.

Dude don't get all uptight because I don't feel the same way you do on a prospect and proclaim I "don't watch the film" and I'm actually commenting on THAT clip not him overall...get over yourself.

I've said he's a good player but in no f**king way do we need to spend another top 10 pick on a interior lineman. Period
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 11, 2018 at 7:57 AM ]
4-5 secs hahaha...that's an eternity in the NFL. A 334 pound man pushed over a 290 LG isn't some magically thing.

Dude don't get all uptight because I don't feel the same way you do on a prospect and proclaim I "don't watch the film" and I'm actually commenting on THAT clip not him overall...get over yourself.

I've said he's a good player but in no f**king way do we need to spend another top 10 pick on a interior lineman. Period

But when people disagree with you over Solomon look out. The wrath of God comes down on us.
Share 49ersWebzone