LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Patrick Mahomes QB

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Is that a record for passing attempts too? Saw he set an NCAA record for passing yards - never seen anywhere near 88 attempts before

1 shy of the record for attempts. He got the record for yards and completions. His coach held the record for completions previously.

He got the Texas Tech record for completions (52), which broke Kingsbury's record. Not the NCAA one. Connor Halliday and Andy Schmitt still hold the NCAA record (58).

He tied for most passing yards in a game (734) with Halliday, and had the most total yards ever (814).
This game was like a lesbian orgy. No D.

that game was horrible lol
Mahomes vs Oklahoma.

This game was like a lesbian orgy. No D.

Stop turning me on.
Mahomes vs Oklahoma.

Soooooooo, he likes the middle of the field? Also, why can't this dude throw right? Not an ambi-turner?

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Mahomes vs Oklahoma.

Soooooooo, he likes the middle of the field? Also, why can't this dude throw right? Not an ambi-turner?

lol

From what I saw, his throws to his right were typically scrambles. He often scrambles to the right
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Mahomes vs Oklahoma.

lol

From what I saw, his throws to his right were typically scrambles. He often scrambles to the right

He throws pretty well scrambling left, too. He has the same legs extended, square shoulders delivery when rolling left as (gasp) Kap.
He throws pretty well scrambling left, too. He has the same legs extended, square shoulders delivery when rolling left as (gasp) Kap.

They share some similarities.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 24, 2016 at 2:22 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

They share some similarities.

only thing is hes in college and Kap is a 7 year vet in the NFL..lol Mahomes will be way better reading defenses before the snap and touch passes..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
only thing is hes in college and Kap is a 7 year vet in the NFL..lol Mahomes will be way better reading defenses before the snap and touch passes..

Mahomes has better touch on his throws. He's a more fluid player overall. Kaepernick moves around like Herman Munster, he's got tremendous speed but its largely north-south speed, his elusiveness isn't that great and as a passer he generally throws at one speed and one speed alone. I've see Mahomes show much better variation of his velocity on throws. Still needs quite a bit of work but he is a better overall prospect than Kaepernick was.

Mahomes would be the absolutely perfect QB prospect for the Cardinals to draft behind Palmer and develop. He's got the super arm strength that Arians desires plus plenty of mobility on top of that. I think they'd be foolish to not find a way to acquire him somehow.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 28, 2016 at 5:46 PM ]

opening drive INT thrown in the end zone
where do u think this guy gets drafted?
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Mahomes has better touch on his throws. He's a more fluid player overall. Kaepernick moves around like Herman Munster, he's got tremendous speed but its largely north-south speed, his elusiveness isn't that great and as a passer he generally throws at one speed and one speed alone. I've see Mahomes show much better variation of his velocity on throws. Still needs quite a bit of work but he is a better overall prospect than Kaepernick was.

Mahomes would be the absolutely perfect QB prospect for the Cardinals to draft behind Palmer and develop. He's got the super arm strength that Arians desires plus plenty of mobility on top of that. I think they'd be foolish to not find a way to acquire him somehow.

Totally agree, and your opinion about him being on the Cardinals would be very scary, i like Mahomes a lot and really think he has a chance of being very good in the league..id hate to see the niners play him 2 times a year so tho i agree hes a very good fit for the Cardinals i hope they don't draft him lol
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Honestly a team could fall in love with him and take him in the 1st..he has everything you want in a QB nowadays, thinks he lacks could be taught, i wish he played in a diff system then TT so we can really see what he can do..
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
opening drive INT thrown in the end zone

He also lead them with a TD scoring drive at the end of the 4th to send it to OT and win it.

Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Physical talent wise, he is a 1st round talent. However he plays "backyard football", a lot of mad scrambles and making plays outside of play calls. Combine that with the air-raid offense and you have to wonder if he has the mental chops to run an NFL offense under center.

His dad was arrested at his last game for public intoxication. Not major, but I remember that Michigan State QB people thought dropped because his dad was a right-winger tweeting crazy stuff. NFL teams get worried if family members have baggage.

edit:
If Kap was a 2nd rounder, it would be shocking to me to see Mahomes go any later than 2nd if not the 1st. He has Kap's arm strength but with better accuracy and touch
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 31, 2016 at 11:44 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone