There are 223 users in the forums

Kevin Hogan-QB-Stanford

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Originally posted by Jcool:
One could be a top 10 pick and one might go in round 3. Similar stats with Hogan attempting 123 less passes.

One of them has a great arm, can make all the throws and has great rushing skills while the other one has not.

Well Lynch does have a good arm as well.
One could be a top 10 pick and one might go in round 3. Similar stats with Hogan attempting 123 less passes.

One of them has a great arm, can make all the throws and has great rushing skills while the other one has not.

Well Lynch does have a good arm as well.

wa waaaaaaaaaah
i wouldnt mind taking him in the later rounds, after we take goff
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Not really sure if I like him. But s**t, half the dudes I like ended up leaving the Niners.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This. He's a guy that probably can be a solid starter after sitting a few seasons, a la Tyrod Taylor. To be the guy to had to follow Andrew Luck, he did a GREAT job.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This. At the worst he can be a quality backup, and in that scenario insurance incase Goff was a bust. In the state we are in now, we need as many darts as possible to throw at the QB dart board. Walsh would always carry three QB's and be developing one at all times. Taking this approach and hiring a guy who can develop them would be ideal.
I'm good with Logan as a backup. Don't think you'll have to spend more than a 4th or 5th go get him. Currently ranked as the 11th best QB in the draft.
With his Stanford O Line and that little sophomore kid #5 , he didn't have to be special in his QB play.
But I'll be he throws a few NFL passes and I wouldn't mind it if the Niners picked him.
If he drops to the middle rounds, could the Niners take 2 rookie QB this year?

Could be like the year the Redskins drafted RGIII and Cousins.
Would love Hogan to be a niner. Seen a lot of his games just has Natural QB smarts n instincts, in the mold of Luck.
Wouldn't mind him at all.

Hogan can make all the throws and is a better athlete than people think. He played most of this year with a bum leg (ankle?). He is smart, competitive, and will be a solid, maybe not spectacular pro. What does that mean? your guess is as good as mine!
I really hope he stinks at the pro day and combine. Would be excellent value in 4th round.

Build the OL / TE / WR / Pass rush in the first three rounds. Get a smart QB from pro offence in day 3. No more drafting gimmick offence QB's in the early rounds (Smith, Kap).
Originally posted by Butter:
If he drops to the middle rounds, could the Niners take 2 rookie QB this year?

Could be like the year the Redskins drafted RGIII and Cousins.

Why waste a pick on extra QB? 'Skins always pay heavy during free agency and use draft to fill holes. Thus, Redskins have luxury of double downing on one position. Our strategy is to build through draft and use free agency to fills holes.

Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
I really hope he stinks at the pro day and combine. Would be excellent value in 4th round.

Build the OL / TE / WR / Pass rush in the first three rounds. Get a smart QB from pro offence in day 3. No more drafting gimmick offence QB's in the early rounds (Smith, Kap).

Because Day 3 QB's have an incredible track record of success in the NFL.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Hogan is a qb with many good qualities, BUT, his arm and passing prowess are NOT nfl--not even close.
He will never win, or even game manage, a nfl game.
Look elsewhere.
Share 49ersWebzone