LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Small School prospects/Sleepers

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Curtis Weaver Boise St. DE/OLB
6-3 265lbs
Sack machine, had 11 sacks as freshman, 9 sacks last year and already has 9 sacks this year in 6 games.
Matt Bushman TE BYU

6'5 245. Jr

Not much film on him but hes a long TE that can stretch the field. Kinda reminds me of Dennis Pitta- blocking can improve but will catch pretty much anything you throw his way.

2:08-2:25 vs Washington

First play, 2:45 vs Utah

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Antonio Gandy Golden WR- Liberty. "AGG"

6-4 220 lbs jump ball type receiver who can break tackles, 2nd in nation in yards. Had 6 catches for over 100 yards this year against Syracuse.

[ Edited by jimrat on Oct 23, 2019 at 4:56 AM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for NIMV4683.
I like him maybe available on 4th round.
Originally posted by saniner:
Miles Killebrew S out of Sothern Utah University. Built like a linebacker (6'3" 230lbs) and hits like a truck. Plays the run really well and is good enough to not be a liability in coverage. Should be a mid round pick, and could even move up to the late 2nd

Back up Will LB'er, can cover w/o allocating a safety to do it. Also, killer blitzer. Like a 'Pro-Roverback'..
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
I like him maybe available on 4th round.

He is no secret to anyone He is flying up the ranks likely to get invite to an All Star Game if he shows well enough to the Combines
Might find himself inching up to the 1st Round
Excellent Size and Speed
Extremely Skilled
It just needs to be determined how he plays against better competition
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on Oct 25, 2019 at 10:57 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:
Antonio Gandy Golden WR- Liberty. "AGG"

6-4 220 lbs jump ball type receiver who can break tackles, 2nd in nation in yards. Had 6 catches for over 100 yards this year against Syracuse.

This guy is a man among boys against BYU, 9 catches for 146 yards right now.
From The Draft Network:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/top-10-2020-nfl-draft-small-school-prospects
With only a 1st. rounder and a bunch of day 3 picks, we need to get the best OLineman available, or trade down. Then shop here the rest of the way.
Originally posted by 801niner:
Matt Bushman TE BYU

6'5 245. Jr

Not much film on him but hes a long TE that can stretch the field. Kinda reminds me of Dennis Pitta- blocking can improve but will catch pretty much anything you throw his way.

2:08-2:25 vs Washington

First play, 2:45 vs Utah

I am a big bushman supporter. The guy is a catching machine.

ALEX HIGHSMITH

6'4/245/EDGE CHARLOTTE 49ERS!!

Quickest Edge off the line I've seen so far in college this year other than Chase Young. Explosive off the line and use a variety of moves to get to the QB. Plays with a high motor. Small school prospect but played a helluva game against Clemson. C'mon Lynch, let's keep him a 49ERS.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
ALEX HIGHSMITH

6'4/245/EDGE CHARLOTTE 49ERS!!

Quickest Edge off the line I've seen so far in college this year other than Chase Young. Explosive off the line and use a variety of moves to get to the QB. Plays with a high motor. Small school prospect but played a helluva game against Clemson. C'mon Lynch, let's keep him a 49ERS.

Highsmith is already being talked about as a potential 2nd or 3rd round pick. Although I think he is feasting on weaker competition, he's a good fit for our scheme. Good off the edge, but so-so in run defense at the moment.

The guy I badly want us to get is James Daka from James Madison. Leads the nation in sacks and TFL and yeah, he's doing it against weaker competition too, but I think he would make an awesome pass rushing linebacker. Currently listed at only 6-2 227. He'd need to get up around 240 to really be an edge DE, so I'm curious to see what happens with him at the NFL level, but he looks pretty darn special on tape.
I see highsmith as this years Maxx Crosby. I like highsmith as a prospect more (wasn't a fan of Crosby, looked too out of control)
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
With only a 1st. rounder and a bunch of day 3 picks, we need to get the best OLineman available, or trade down. Then shop here the rest of the way.
I agree that we should trade down. But that top pick needs to be a WR.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I agree that we should trade down. But that top pick needs to be a WR.

You pigeonhole yourself into one position is when you get hosed big time
Share 49ersWebzone