LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

RB Leonard Fournette

Originally posted by glorydayz:
The way our team was being developed at the time, no one would know Rogers name had we drafted him. Like A. Smith he would have just been the guy handing the ball off to Gore when he wasn't being hit while dropping back to pass.

You missed the point. The point is that hindsight is 20/20. No one could've predicted any of that.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scottie15:
The way our team was being developed at the time, no one would know Rogers name had we drafted him. Like A. Smith he would have just been the guy handing the ball off to Gore when he wasn't being hit while dropping back to pass.

You missed the point. The point is that hindsight is 20/20. No one could've predicted any of that.

Scottie gets it.
Originally posted by evil:
Imagine if we had taken LF instead of Thomas at #3 or Kamara in the second last year, put either of them with Jimmy G and we are golden!!!!!

One can only dream.

Imagine if we had drafted Rodgers instead of Smith?

IDK man everyone in the bay for sure thought rodgers was going to be the pick...then total shock as it was Smith. who knows how it would've played out...kobe bryant or todd fuller
[ Edited by wailers15 on Jan 16, 2018 at 2:57 PM ]
Fournette averaged like 5 inches a carry. And they still won games without him with their current backs. LF wouldnt have changed much of anything here because first and foremost we don't have a good offensive line.
Imagine if we had taken LF instead of Thomas at #3 or Kamara in the second last year, put either of them with Jimmy G and we are golden!!!!!

One can only dream.

Or we move down this yr and draft Guice and have some extra picks....more than one way or skin a cat. Guice imo his just as talented and a better fit

Yeah I'm not buying that, the cream always rises to the top. Rogers would have found a way to get it done. Hell look at how ass we were until Jimmy got in the lineup. Elite QB play raises everyone

Looks like you still don't know his name.
We could have had him. This makes me sad.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Sep 4, 2018 at 8:30 AM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Yes a one dimensional back that wasn't a great fit for this offense.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Ok. Alvin Kamara makes me sad.

I'm right there with you on Kamara or Hunt. Would love for one of those guys to be in a 49ers uniform right now.

I'm right there with you on Kamara or Hunt. Would love for one of those guys to be in a 49ers uniform right now.

Agreed but as long as Pettis turns into a stud at WR it will be easier to take. Also glad both guys were gone before we took Willams. Breida helps cover that whiff and I'd rather have Witherspoon over both RBs(hopefully he doesn't change that thought)

I'd always rather be looking for a RB over a WR or CB. Especially with Shanahan as HC/OC.

Still happy with the solly pick. And if we really needed to grab a RB then I still think cook was our guy. Perfect fit.

But Fournette deserves props. Showed big improvements in receiving and blocking. 36 receptions and 302 yards with 1 td compared to zeke who had 32 receptions. 363 yards and 1 td in his great rookie season and nobody would consider zeke 1 dimensional. He played a lot more too since Fournette had ankle problems and sat a few games. He's no longer a one dimensional back.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Still happy with the solly pick. And if we really needed to grab a RB then I still think cook was our guy. Perfect fit.

But Fournette deserves props. Showed big improvements in receiving and blocking. 36 receptions and 302 yards with 1 td compared to zeke who had 32 receptions. 363 yards and 1 td in his great rookie season and nobody would consider zeke 1 dimensional. He played a lot more too since Fournette had ankle problems and sat a few games. He's no longer a one dimensional back.

He was never really one dimensional. LSU just never threw to him. Was never really an offensive juggernaut of a school
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

He was never really one dimensional. LSU just never threw to him. Was never really an offensive juggernaut of a school

Could be. Also looked like he ran with some heavy ass feet when he went out as a receiver at LSU though
Share 49ersWebzone