LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu

Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Nobody's gonna take this guy in the 2nd w/ a torn ACL.

I'm thinking he goes in the late 4th or 5th.

Baalke will………Tank Carradine ring a bell???
[ Edited by scoobyduu24 on Dec 17, 2014 at 10:37 PM ]
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:
Baalke will………Tank Carradine ring a bell???

Carradine went from a potential top-10 pick to the 40th. Ifo was a borderline 1st rounder at best (more likely a high-to-mid 2nd) before the injury.
Ryan Broyles was drafted in the 2nd round after he tore his ACL his senior year in college. Dominique Easley was drafted in the 1st round by the Patriots after his second ACL tear. Your notion that nobody will draft a player in the 2nd round because of an ACL injury is just false. Am I advocating it? No, but ACLs don't seem to be the death sentence they once were.

2010: Sean Lee (Dallas even traded up to get him in the 2nd)
2011: Bruce Carter (2nd)
2012: Broyles (2nd)
2013: Carradine (2nd)
2014: Easley (1st)
2015: My money is on Gurley

Seems like it has been happening every year to me, so i'm not sure why you think people don't get drafted in the 2nd after ACL injuries...
[ Edited by scoobyduu24 on Dec 18, 2014 at 5:22 AM ]
Ryan Broyles was drafted in the 2nd round after he tore his ACL his senior year in college. Dominique Easley was drafted in the 1st round by the Patriots after his second ACL tear. Your notion that nobody will draft a player in the 2nd round because of an ACL injury is just false.

I never said nobody would draft a player in the 2nd round after an ACL tear. I just don't think they'll draft Ifo in the 2nd round after an ACL tear. Maybe I'm wrong; we'll see.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Ryan Broyles was drafted in the 2nd round after he tore his ACL his senior year in college. Dominique Easley was drafted in the 1st round by the Patriots after his second ACL tear. Your notion that nobody will draft a player in the 2nd round because of an ACL injury is just false.

I never said nobody would draft a player in the 2nd round after an ACL tear. I just don't think they'll draft Ifo in the 2nd round after an ACL tear. Maybe I'm wrong; we'll see.

He was a second rounder without the injury. Now he's 3rd round at best
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:

lol that's great. Never realized how much he sucked
HOPE THIS RUMOR ISN'T TRUE

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu's Injury Worse Than AdvertisedUpdated April 22, 2015
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

A few months ago, Oregon cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu was in the running to be the top-ranked corner, but then he suffered a knee injury during bowl practice before Oregon's game against Florida State. It was said to be a torn ACL, but team sources I've spoken to say the knee injury was much worse and was along the lines of Marcus Lattimore or Willis McGahee's rather than a simple ACL tear like the one suffered by Georgia running back Todd Gurley or Texas A&M offensive tackle Cedric Ogbuehi.

Sources say that Ekpre-Olomu tore more than an ACL and there was a variety of damage done to his knee. At one point, there were some teams' medical staffs that were wondering if lingering effects of the injury would force Ekpre-Olomu to retire before every playing again, like Lattimore. However, recent checks have been more positive and teams feel that Ekpre-Olomu has a shot at playing again.

The injury is significant enough, however, that some teams are putting Ekpre-Olomu in their undrafted prospect group. A contact from one team thinks that Ekpre-Olomu could have a shot at going on day three of the draft like Lattimore did, but their team doesn't have a round grade on Ekpre-Olomu because of the medical report. They have Ekpre-Olomu as an undrafted free agent as well. Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php#Z4BPB5chMv4Xe8F9.99
Share 49ersWebzone