LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu

I still think the niners might be targeting a CB next year (how high might depend on how our secondary does this year)

Ifo Ekpre Olomu almost declared this year, but decided to stay another season for the ducks.
Had he gone, I imagine he would have been a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

Watch the tape, he is a Pro-Bowler in the making.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I still think the niners might be targeting a CB next year (how high might depend on how our secondary does this year)

OK. There is a small possibility that the 49ers are targeting a CB next year.

However, I tend to think that until some games are actually played, it might be more than a little premature to talk about targeting.
Originally posted by buck:
OK. There is a small possibility that the 49ers are targeting a CB next year.

However, I tend to think that until some games are actually played, it might be more than a little premature to talk about targeting.

Thats how confident I am.
Not to mention I wanted to start his thread, probably know more about him than any other poster on here.
Covers like Jason Verrett. Very willing hitter. But will his size be an issue? And is he as fast as Verrett? He's definitely a prospect I'll be watching closely this year.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Covers like Jason Verrett. Very willing hitter. But will his size be an issue? And is he as fast as Verrett? He's definitely a prospect I'll be watching closely this year.

Olomu is 5'10 190lbs... He is bigger than Verrett.
I've got a couple knocks on him so far that I'm going to be watching this season. His speed is one of them (not laterally, but vertically)
Hes not super aggressive in run defense is he?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Olomu is 5'10 190lbs... He is bigger than Verrett.

Not by very much, if at all.

At the combine, Verrett weighed in at 5' 9 1/2 " and 189 lbs.

That difference of 1/2 inch and 1 pound could disappear at the combine.
If we still need a corner next year, after all the ones we have and have added, we're doing something wrong. Based on the write-ups I've read, there should be very capable starters AND backups from this group.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
If we still need a corner next year, after all the ones we have and have added, we're doing something wrong. Based on the write-ups I've read, there should be very capable starters AND backups from this group.

I agree, but you have to think that teams we are playing this season are going to attack our secondary hard.
Losing Brown, Rogers, and Whif-ner doesn't hurt as bad as some opposing fans think it does. But if I am an opposing OC I am going to attack our secondary hard. Especially with Willis in the box.

Ward and Bethea are all upgrades over Whifner and Rogers.
Brock is about equal to Brown (on average, last season Brock killed it and hopefully thats his new level of play)

I'm scared about that second corner, if Culliver is anything like he was in the SB we are going to be hurting on that side of the field.
If he doesn't pan out Ifo would be amazing there.
I try not to get too hyped up by Oregon players but I really like Ekpre-Olomu's game.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on May 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM ]

I think he'd be a great addition to our team. With very few holes to fill next year I think a ball hawking #1 corner would be awesome.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 26, 2014 at 12:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:

Could you emoticate more specifically?
Originally posted by Garcia:

Could you emoticate more specifically?

I know that one has the "Oh lord" subtitle,
I choose to ignore him
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Hes not super aggressive in run defense is he?

Is super aggressive positive, negative, or irrelevant?

[ Edited by buck on Jun 28, 2014 at 8:16 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone