LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

So disappointed in our lack of aggression.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
How many Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Thank god youre not drafting for the Niners. Youre the type that will trade all the picks for one player because of your lack of patience.

How many 5th - 7th round picks do you think will make the team this year....?

It's less about the lower rounds, and more about numbers. Right now we have 11 picks, half that may not make the team.

I was under the impression that the coaching staff and the front office decide which players make the team.

The draft is not over. The players have not even practiced yet. No preseason games have been played.

And you, somehow know how many drafted players are going to make the team.

Tomorrow after work/end of the draft I'll go through my roster ranking of core players and make a post on who I think makes the final 53, the PS. I've it throughout the past 2 weeks, we've got 43 core players with 7 or so players with a high likelihood of making the final team, 3 or so picks will "be handed" a spot, the rest will be competition.

Right now

Ward obvious 53
Hyde obvious 53
Martin obvious 53

Borland competes against Moody and Fleming for that final ILB spot.

Thomas is on IR like Lattimore.

So far I'm right in my line of thinking regarding roster spot math.
Loved the Hyde pick. Not crazy about the Boreland pick but I like the way he hits. Liked the Martin pick. Not crazy about the Brandon Thomas redshirt pick. But I do LOVE the way Baalke trades around. If Baalke would do the trading but let me do the picking, We'll be fine.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"If Baalke would do the trading but let me do the picking, We'll be fine."

Let's say Baalke agrees, which will you "pick" first (your butt or nose)... will you be totally satisfied with the pick and what if you don't pick well???
Agree the Niners should have been more aggressive in the draft. Sometimes you gotta lay it all on the line and take the gamble. Like they did when they traded up to get Jerry Rice. Walsh traded the Niners first two picks that year to get Rice.

In 94 the Niners traded their 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick to move up to #7 and get Bryant Young! And guess what they won the SB the following season!

IMO they missed their opportunity to win a SB NOW with the current core group of players. Everything they have drafted so far looks like a project player or someone who will sit on the bench and make little or no impact next year.

Meanwhile Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Justin Smith are not getting any younger. Their window to win a SB has diminished. I feel bad for them. Baalke screwed them.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Loved the Hyde pick. Not crazy about the Boreland pick but I like the way he hits. Liked the Martin pick. Not crazy about the Brandon Thomas redshirt pick. But I do LOVE the way Baalke trades around. If Baalke would do the trading but let me do the picking, We'll be fine.

Originally posted by sfout:
Thank god youre not drafting for the Niners. Youre the type that will trade all the picks for one player because of your lack of patience.

It's less about the lower rounds, and more about numbers. Right now we have 11 picks, half that may not make the team.

I was under the impression that the coaching staff and the front office decide which players make the team.

The draft is not over. The players have not even practiced yet. No preseason games have been played.

Tomorrow after work/end of the draft I'll go through my roster ranking of core players and make a post on who I think makes the final 53, the PS. I've it throughout the past 2 weeks, we've got 43 core players with 7 or so players with a high likelihood of making the final team, 3 or so picks will "be handed" a spot, the rest will be competition.

Right now

Ward obvious 53
Hyde obvious 53
Martin obvious 53

Borland will beat those guys out easy, they brought this kid in to compete with Wilhoite as Bowman's temporary replacement.
Originally posted by Touchdown49ers2014:
Agree the Niners should have been more aggressive in the draft. Sometimes you gotta lay it all on the line and take the gamble. Like they did when they traded up to get Jerry Rice. Walsh traded the Niners first two picks that year to get Rice.

In 94 the Niners traded their 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick to move up to #7 and get Bryant Young! And guess what they won the SB the following season!

IMO they missed their opportunity to win a SB NOW with the current core group of players. Everything they have drafted so far looks like a project player or someone who will sit on the bench and make little or no impact next year.

Meanwhile Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Justin Smith are not getting any younger. Their window to win a SB has diminished. I feel bad for them. Baalke screwed them.
I disagee strongly. I think it has just opened, and if we continue to run things the way we do, it will be open for a long time.
  • buck
  • Veteran

I will read what you have to say, and I am sure that it will be well thought out.

But between now and the final cut to the 53-man roster there is going to be some competition, more additions, and subtractions.

I will wait and see who actually makes the roster.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I will read what you have to say, and I am sure that it will be well thought out.

But between now and the final cut to the 53-man roster there is going to be some competition, more additions, and subtractions.

I will wait and see who actually makes the roster.

Oh yeah, it'll be off by august but we've got some interesting names in that 54-72 player range that will throw a wrench into the projected roster for sure.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Oh yeah, it'll be off by august but we've got some interesting names in that 54-72 player range that will throw a wrench into the projected roster for sure.

When the draft finishes, I am going to go back and take a long look at each of the players we drafted.

Doing that should keep me occupied until the preseason games start.

Originally posted by Touchdown49ers2014:

they also signed deion and norton jr. , but go right ahead and make s**t up
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by rtj03:
Watch us take Latimer anyways...

You're as dumb as balkke

That was uncalled for.

Glass houses my friend. If you are throwing the first word around, you better spell the second one correctly.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Shhhhhh
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by rtj03:
Watch us take Latimer anyways...

You're as dumb as balkke

That was uncalled for.

Glass houses my friend. If you are throwing the first word around, you better spell the second one correctly.

Um... when I posted this Cody Latimer was still on the board. What are you even insinuating?
Originally posted by T-9ers:

Right now

Ward obvious 53
Hyde obvious 53
Martin obvious 53

Borland will beat those guys out easy, they brought this kid in to compete with Wilhoite as Bowman's temporary replacement.

How can you even predict that now?
Share 49ersWebzone