There are 171 users in the forums

So disappointed in our lack of aggression.

This thread is FUC$ing stupid.

Baalke is better than all of you.
Originally posted by rtj03:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Watch us take Latimer anyways...

You're as dumb as balkke

That was uncalled for.
How many Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Thank god youre not drafting for the Niners. Youre the type that will trade all the picks for one player because of your lack of patience.

How many 5th - 7th round picks do you think will make the team this year....?
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
That was uncalled for.

My bad just frustrated
Yeah I dont like how passive we are being either. Ive seen a lot of studs get drafted today........ but we got Hyde :)
Originally posted by RDB4216:
How many Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Thank god youre not drafting for the Niners. Youre the type that will trade all the picks for one player because of your lack of patience.

How many 5th - 7th round picks do you think will make the team this year....?

It's less about the lower rounds, and more about numbers. Right now we have 11 picks, half that may not make the team.
Traded up and down, grabed a the best RB in draft..hmmmm .idk, were not being aggressive..ho hum
It's called passive-aggression
Originally posted by jta854:
It's less about the lower rounds, and more about numbers. Right now we have 11 picks, half that may not make the team.

Exactly the point. If they aren't going to make the team, why draft them? Better to move up to get better talent that will make the team, then draft more players so we can cut them later. I think Baalke has read too much of his press, and wants to acquire more picks because that's what he is known for. There were a lot of good value players taken in the 2nd round - by other teams.

Exactly the point. If they aren't going to make the team, why draft them? Better to move up to get better talent that will make the team, then draft more players so we can cut them later. I think Baalke has read too much of his press, and wants to acquire more picks because that's what he is known for. There were a lot of good value players taken in the 2nd round - by other teams.

We don't have many positions where a rookie would start, so I don't get all the whining about how we're missing out on all these "studs" that will have an impact on day one. If you look at the roster, you'd see the only spot where a rookie MIGHT get close to sniffing a starting position is CB. That's literally it.

We've addressed our need at WR, so much like last year, it's pretty much just gonna be BPA from here on.

And personally, I'm loving this offseason so far. Baalke & Co. just sem to outdo themselves every year. With our first round pick we got a nickel CB AND possibly our future SS. We got Stevie Johnson. We got
deeper at RB. I just don't get all the bad feelings.

I seriously cannot think of one thing we're in "need" of at this point.

Originally posted by baltien:
We don't have many positions where a rookie would start, so I don't get all the whining about how we're missing out on all these "studs" that will have an impact on day one. If you look at the roster, you'd see the only spot where a rookie MIGHT get close to sniffing a starting position is CB. That's literally it.

We've addressed our need at WR, so much like last year, it's pretty much just gonna be BPA from here on.

And personally, I'm loving this offseason so far. Baalke & Co. just sem to outdo themselves every year. With our first round pick we got a nickel CB AND possibly our future SS. We got Stevie Johnson. We got

It's not about drafting immediate starters. It's about overall quality depth, and developing future starters. Justin Smith won't play forever, and even Ray Mac is getting up there. Yes we have Carradine, but what do we have there? No one knows yet. He was supposed to play last year, but never did. Tells me the knee wasn't healing up like it should have. That should be a concern.

But let's make this a pure numbers game, since comparing possible picks at multiple positions would be overwhelming. If you can move up a little bit and draft a player ranked as an 80 - or, you can stay put and draft a 70 and a 65. For a lot of teams, the 70 and 65 make more sense because the total value is 135 versus 80. However, for us, we are likely to cut the 65 in training camp. So we pass on an 80, in favor of a 70 (and a 65 now playing for another team, so does nothing for us). So you are lowering your overall quality of depth.

+1
And trading back again just cost us a hell of a return guy in Dri Archer. Hope that extra 6th round pick or whatever we got (that we will cut anyway), was worth another season of LMJ returning punts.

We "need" to stop trading our stockpile of high value picks for a bunch of throw always at the end of this draft.
Maybe Baalke choked.
Share 49ersWebzone