There are 143 users in the forums

Carlos Hyde

I have to admit as confused as i was at this pick when it first came in after doing re search on this guy I'm impressed by his play i do see him being a very good running back here. Maybe not now because our back field is so crowded but in the future i see this guy being a very good running back.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Absolutely love this guy. Best RB in this draft and will be a stud in the NFL. Very similar to Eddie George.

But I will punch a baby if the Niners draft him in the 2nd.

I think you will find this handy....no seriously, read it! It's hilarious and will make you feel better, I promise. (It's and oldie, but a goodie)

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2009/01/steve-smith%E2%80%99s-guide-to-baby-punching.html
Originally posted by fropwns:
Is there a FB with the name Jekyll? How sweet would that be?

I nominate "Jekyll" to be Bruce Miller's new nickname.
This guy is gonna be epic for us for years to come, but honestly I hate this pick so much because I feel for Gore and Lattimore.

But GM can't make emotional decisions, Gore can't play forever and we won't know how Lattimore looks until he actually plays.

(I can already tell you the answer to those two questions: yes, Gore can play forever, and yes, Lattimore will beast when gets back on the field)
Looking at this another way may help....We went to Championship game every year since Harbs has been here and the SB once. How absolutely incredible is that. Remember the pre-Harbaugh years. The cup is very, very nearly full. We've been better than any other team in the league during the last three years. Celebrate and realize this is probably going to go on as long as they are intelligent enough to pay Harbaugh what he wants and keep Balke. We are a very, very fortunate fan base.

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Some of you "fans" are really something...unless I'm missing something, the two best teams in the NFL are us and Seattle...and lo and behold we both pound the ball and play great defense. Gore's in the last yr of his contract and probably in his last season as a Niner. Hunter's in the last year of his contract. So, what does Baalke do...he picks one of the top RB's in the draft in Hyde. One of the top C's (w/2 yrs of OG) at USC to give Kilgore a run for his money for the starting C job. He picks a potential starting OT for 2015 in Brandon Thomas. Harbaugh likes to pound opponents into submission. Last year, Kap struggled to keep the passing game afloat with very little beyond Boldin and Vernon, 'til Crabtree came back late. So, what does he do...he signs Lloyd and today trades for Stevie Johnson. He'll probably draft a WR...I'm thinking a smaller baller like Ellington to give Kap a real threat from the slot position. If you don't like Harbaugh's offense, root for another team. That's who he is...he did the same thing at Stanford. With a spike in quality WR's, Kap should propel the offense well beyond what he did last year. So, I ask you what's the problem?

The problem is we have been so close the last 3 years and we all are going effing insane.
Originally posted by znk916:
This guy is gonna be epic for us for years to come, but honestly I hate this pick so much because I feel for Gore and Lattimore.

But GM can't make emotional decisions, Gore can't play forever and we won't know how Lattimore looks until he actually plays.

(I can already tell you the answer to those two questions: yes, Gore can play forever, and yes, Lattimore will beast when gets back on the field)

I agree. As much as I hate to admit it, Gore is getting old and it showed during the end of last season. And Lattimore is not a sure thing, even with his incredible work ethic.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Absolutely love this guy. Best RB in this draft and will be a stud in the NFL. Very similar to Eddie George.

lulz
From watching YouTube , he reminds me little like Marshawn Lynch
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Muggins:

lulz

Domestic abuse towards Children is not funny, you donkey punchin' mo-fo!

Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by Muggins:

lulz

Domestic abuse towards Children is not funny, you donkey punchin' mo-fo!

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
I know but it's hard to pass on a guy who I see as a future bell cow. Right now we look stacked at RB but if this is Gore's last season and if Lattimore isn't what we want/expect him to be, suddenly we only have Hunter and possibly Gore...

GoldenJoe,
Nice Call.
Thanks. Hate OSU but love Hyde's game, he fits our style like a glove, just a violent football player.
Really excited for this kid. I dont really agree with the Gore of Lynch comparisons though.

IMO he is like a bigger more physical Emmitt Smith. I know comparisons are pretty silly in general, But the similarity's in their running styles are uncanny IMO.

Gore will be the starter this year, but IMO Hyde has a strong possibility of getting the most carries of any RB on the roster this season. Really excited for the future. And there is no better person for this kid to learn to be be a pro behind than Frank Gore.

• Garce
  • Veteran
My n***a Los doe
Share 49ersWebzone