LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Carlos Hyde

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Absolutely love this guy. Best RB in this draft and will be a stud in the NFL. Very similar to Eddie George.

But I will punch a baby if the Niners draft him in the 2nd.

Put your money where your mouth is. lol
If we drafted a runningback, im happy its this one. 6'0 230lb? add that to a healthy 5'11 220lb Lattimore. We're talking about thunder and more thunder in the backfield lol.
seriously though, lets say insurance for lattimore. but this could be the 2014 version of the million dollar backfield if everything goes right. Kap, Hyde, Latt, Miller. Face it, We win the superbowl, Gore is retiring so this wasn't a bad move to me.
With Kony Ealy still available? This was a bad pick. Welcome to 2014 where Pass Rushers > Running Backs. Sure Gore is getting older. Yep, we don't know how well Lattimore will hold up. Hunter has been good, but may be gone next year. We have all year to find out what we have in Lattimore, to see what we need to plan for NEXT year. We already wasted a 2nd round pick last year on LMJ, now turn around and do it again.
Lemonier is a pretty good young prospect on our team at OLB. This guy is built for the NFL, LMJ is tiny in comparison man.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
LMJ had a 2000 yard rushing season for me in madden. the answer is clear

Originally posted by RDB4216:
With Kony Ealy still available? This was a bad pick. Welcome to 2014 where Pass Rushers > Running Backs. Sure Gore is getting older. Yep, we don't know how well Lattimore will hold up. Hunter has been good, but may be gone next year. We have all year to find out what we have in Lattimore, to see what we need to plan for NEXT year. We already wasted a 2nd round pick last year on LMJ, now turn around and do it again.

can somebody tell me why Nix is falling? real question
I heard them say "he was on the ground too much", I heard it on Colin Cowherd shiow..
Excellent pick. This is just what our offense does, try to destroy people in the running game. If somebody doesn't like it too bad.
After watching some highlights, I think that Hyde will gel well with Kap. Look at the way that Hyde plays with Braxton Miller. He looks really good on the option plays, can catch out of the backfield. Everything just looks good about him. I saw somebody compare what Carolina does with Williams/Stewart, but id like to see us do something more similar to what New England does with Vareen and Ridley. Vareen is smaller but still, he gets it done from the backfield as well. LMJ shoulda been that Joker for us but that's not gonna happen. That's just my two cents though
Embarrassment of riches in our backfield.

Shock (Hyde) and Awe (Lattimore)...and Gore. Nice to replace Dixon with Hyde!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I love me some Hyde. Will be the starting RB next year, with Lattimore backing him up.
Never in a million years did I think we would draft him! (Or be in position to get him)

Love it
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Absolutely love this guy. Best RB in this draft and will be a stud in the NFL. Very similar to Eddie George.

But I will punch a baby if the Niners draft him in the 2nd.

Record it for me please. I got to see.
I think the Niners see how Seattle feeds off Marshawn and his beastmode runs so its time we get our own version! Not only that but now we got our long term bell cow/goal line back all in one. Obviously James is probably gone after this weekend and I think it could be both Gore and Hunter's last years in SF. 3rd RB might come to Gore vs Hunter. Loyalty vs youth/potential.
Share 49ersWebzone