There are 249 users in the forums

TRADE UP? The Raiders are open for business at #5, but do the 49ers pull the trigger?

TRADE UP? The Raiders are open for business at #5, but do the 49ers pull the trigger?

Wanted to throw this out there, cause there's a major possibility the Oakland Raiders are going to trade down in order to accumulate more picks. They only have 4 picks in the top 200!

So... do you think the 49ers should jump up? I don't think they should unless they can get Sammy Watkins, but I think he goes at #2 to the Browns (Cleveland trades up two spots to secure Watkins, preventing him from potentially going to Jacksonville).

So just thought I'd put it out there for fun. Gooooo Harbaalke!

(Added note... rumors say the Raiders will accept picks in return that value less that "the chart" dictates, since they are so desperate to add more picks... it might not cost THAT much to move up, but you never know... Niners would be better equipped if they were in the top-20, no doubt)
[ Edited by NickSh49 on May 8, 2014 at 12:49 PM ]
f**k no. Not a player in this draft worth what it would take to move up that high.
I say trade up, then trade back down.....
Originally posted by CWin4949:

Awwww sheeeeeeeeeet.
F--- the Raiders
Sammy Watkins and Justin Gilbert are the only two players in that range that I would be ok with the Niners trading up to get. With that said, Baalke covets draft picks more than anyone not named Belichick, so I highly doubt we ever see a move up that high.
Originally posted by CWin4949:

Trade up only if its the 12-20 range and the guy they want "with out a shadow a doubt" is there then pull the trigger.Other then that 49ers wont go into the draft to lose picks.
I wouldn't complain if we go up and get Mike Evans because he solves SO MANY of our problems ie he's a great Red Zone threat, he's fast, demands attention and will open things up for the underneath stuff and he's a logical replacement for Crabtree. Expensive? Yes but we don't have that many holes on this team and this is the year we can afford to go get the guy they really want.

Just imagine Crabtree, Boldin, Davis, Evans playing together even if it's just one year. Frank Gore is slowing down, Lattimore is an unknown. Makes sense to run more 3 receiver sets.

On a side note, if Watkins somehow is available to #5, I think Baalke has to consider this move.
[ Edited by pete98146 on May 8, 2014 at 1:01 PM ]
What is the official cost of moving to number 5?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

We have to trade Kapernick, J. Smith, P. Willis and our #1, #2 and next years #1.

I say we do it.

Originally posted by Ninefan56:

There is no "official cost" to move up that high.. You can bet it would take our first, one second, 2 3rds, and a high pick next year though. In other words.. a LOT
If Sammy Watkins was there maybe. But I wouldn't do it
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
do it for Sammy!
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pete98146:
I wouldn't complain if we go up and get Mike Evans because he solves SO MANY of our problems ie he's a great Red Zone threat, he's fast, demands attention and will open things up for the underneath stuff and he's a logical replacement for Crabtree. Expensive? Yes but we don't have that many holes on this team and this is the year we can afford to go get the guy they really want.

Just imagine Crabtree, Boldin, Davis, Evans playing together even if it's just one year. Frank Gore is slowing down, Lattimore is an unknown. Makes sense to run more 3 receiver sets.

On a side note, if Watkins somehow is available to #5, I think Baalke has to consider this move.

I'm with Pete here.
According to the draft value chart it would take our #30, #56, #61, #77 and #94 picks this year plus our 2015 2nd rd pick next year to make this move.
That's a 1st, three 2nd rd picks and two 3rd rd picks to get to #5. Maybe Baalke could cut a deal and save us next year's 2nd rounder but I still don't think it would be worth it.

I could see packaging a 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder to move up but anything beyond that in a draft this deep with soo much talent in rounds 2 and 3 would be a waste. If Evans drops to 10 or later we might have a shot at him.
Share 49ersWebzone