There are 158 users in the forums

Maiocco's Seven Round Mock Draft

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Lol, yeah I'm sure It will be just that "a couple times"..... Since when has ESPN *EVER* reported something "just a couple times"???

Yeah, it will have its own little scroll line across the bottom of EVERY sports reporting channel ****Openly gay LB Michael Sam drafted at # by X team**** running every 5 mins for the fallowing 3 days not to mention the endless amount of stories that will be broadcast until the start of the season.

No F-N thank you!!! I could careless what you do in your bedroom, that's your own business and just because I like women instead of having another man insert his magic stick in my anus while pulling the harness on the back of my head attached to the ball gag in my mouth, while slapping me on the ass, screaming he wish he could quit me....doesn't mean that I have to broadcast it to the world and it ESPECIALLY does not give me the right to walk into my work place and subject my fellow workers to my preferences.

Sam has the absolute right to live a free, happy and prosperous life, but he doesn't have the right to create an uncomfortable work place atmosphere that can do nothing but cause distractions at some point, especially in the over media-ized (yes my own made up word) world we live in.

So like I said, no thanks to a bubble player that will have a hard time making most 53 man rosters LET ALONE the 49ers roster.
You sure seem to have given male on male relations alot of thought. Just saying.

There you go, if an average mid 30's regular Joe in the US can only imagine the craziness of another persons bedroom behavior, what will happen with 52 other grown ass, alpha males and how they react to their own thoughts???

The Incognito/Martin situation is absolute proof of what can go wrong with non related football behavior and situations.

So I'll say once again, why add the distraction for a bubble player that will not make the 49ers final roster?

If Aldon Smith walks into the locker room tomorrow with his baby arm out and flying, smacking every passer by and goes all Charles Haley.......well then the locker room would just have to accept it, because unlike Sam, Smith would be well worth the distraction.

Dude you're a bigot, it's fine. But stop making asinine reasons for not wanting him. Tell me a football reason. Not cause Aldon might walk around naked. I think Baalke and Harbaugh could careless about what you deem "a distraction". Was Alex benched for Colin a distraction? Was acquiring Perrish Cox, after what he was accused of, a distraction? Was Randy Moss signing with us, a distraction? Trading for Jonathan Martin, a distraction? You're just grasping at straws, as a reason you don't want an openly gay player on the team.

Lol, "bigot".....???

Sorry, but being a person with an openly gay member of my family and also having lived almost 40 years as a minority, I find that comment absurdly amusing.

You don't have a clue about me or my social and societal acceptances and supports, so it's best to just stick to the subject at hand and that is whether or not Michael Sam being drafted by the 49ers will improve their roster.

So once again I will say, Sam does not have the talent to make the 49er final roster and the added distraction that he will bring with him to an already unstable social group of existing players, that by the way already have established relationships and leadership roles among a Championship level team, does not warrant the distraction that is without doubt going to fallow him.

Comparing the Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick, Cox, Moss and Martin situations is laughable. No where near the same social situation, not even close, so you might try to find better comparisons.

The ONLY, SINGLE reason is, Sam does NOT have the talent to make the *49er* current roster. Does that mean he can't make an NFL roster? Absolutely not, but as I've stated, his distraction element is not worth his playing talent when talking about the 49ers...
Its cool, you don't have to give me examples of why you're not a bigot. It's like white people saying "I'm not racist, I have A black friend".

But on the actual subject at hand. Give me a reason he doesn't have the talent (again, hypothetically speaking as though we picked him in the 7th). Tell me a player available in the 7th, that's been an All American, Defensive Player of the Year, who had 19 TFL and 11.5 sacks in the toughest conference in college. You can't. So don't go with the cop out "he doesn't have talent" that's laughable. He has talent, and if spending time on the PS helps, that's fine. He'd be a 7th round, hard to make the roster regardless.

How is comparing all the situations I listed different? We're they not discussed on espn, written about, scrutinized by every talking head? And did Baalke or Harbaugh flinch? No, they don't care about the media's opinion. Like Harbaugh said "we're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want". And you can't tell me he doesn't really feel that way. And that's in regards to everything.

Thank you for your approval in allowing me to not have to give examples of my beliefs and supports......(yes that's sarcasm).

Thank you also for making statements up for me, as I never once said Sam "wasn't talented".

You seem to not be able to comprehend the point, so short of holding an open classroom to sit you down and give you a long lecture, as to help you understand, I will simply say this to you once again....

Michael SAM's *value* to the 49ers, is not *worth* the distraction he will bring to the team.

Michael Sam is a very talented player and I'm sure he will make a less talented roster than what the current 49er roster is.

How is comparing the situations different? Well, the situations you refer to are performance based situations and the Sam situation is not a performance based situation because simply stated, he cannot out perform the current players that have roster spots on the 49ers.

Secondly, players like Chris Culliver never once called out another member of his team because of the performance level achieved, but rather his personal thoughts and opinions about social activities of some people.

Two very different things, not sure if you will be able to understand the difference, but if not, my best advice would be to ask Chris Culliver and other players that run the 49er locker room why they feel differently about social and professional comparisons....
[ Edited by CWin4949 on May 7, 2014 at 10:03 AM ]
Thank you for your approval in allowing me to not have to give examples of my beliefs and supports......(yes that's sarcasm).

Thank you also for making statements up for me, as I never once said Sam "wasn't talented".

You seem to not be able to comprehend the point, so short of holding an open classroom to sit you down and give you a long lecture, as to help you understand, I will simply say this to you once again....

Michael SAM's *value* to the 49ers, is not *worth* the distraction he will bring to the team.

Michael Sam is a very talented player and I'm sure he will make a less talented roster than what the current 49er roster is.

How is comparing the situations different? Well, the situations you refer to are performance based situations and the Sam situation is not a performance based situation because simply stated, he cannot out perform the current players that have roster spots on the 49ers.

Secondly, players like Chris Culliver never once called out another member of his team because of the performance level achieved, but rather his personal thoughts and opinions about social activities of some people.

Two very different things, not sure if you will be able to understand the difference, but if not, my best advise would be to ask Chris Culliver and other players that run the 49er locker room why they feel differently about social and professional comparisons....
Simple as this..... You overate the distraction sam will create for being gay. Based on your description of what you imagine as his sex life its not surprising that you do this.
You think a 7th rounder who was an All American and the SEC Defensive Player of the Year is overrated? Lol. Who cares if he's gay? It's 2014,why is this still an issue. As a 7th rounder, he'd be a practice squad guy and added depth later on.

Do you not know why this is "still" an issue? Because Michael Sam made it an issue. I have no problem with him being gay, not at all. But he makes this announcement at a very strategic time, to get a "buzz" going about his name before the combine. How many people were talking about him before that? Then, he actually says that he can't wait until the talk dies down so that the focus can get back on football. Really?? Besides the fact that "he" put it out there and made it an issue, it's still keeping him being talked about. This is the same kind of person that would hold a press conference to complain about contract negotiations, playing time, and getting bullied by Jonathan Martin - then turn around a week later asking why there were rumors he was disgruntled.

We do not need the drama.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/mobile/index.php?num=176143
Originally posted by RDB4216:
You think a 7th rounder who was an All American and the SEC Defensive Player of the Year is overrated? Lol. Who cares if he's gay? It's 2014,why is this still an issue. As a 7th rounder, he'd be a practice squad guy and added depth later on.

We do not need the drama.

That's all I'm saying, didn't want to offend anyone.
English said drop it, so I'm dropping it.

About the mock, iI don't mind it at all. Like this one better than Barrows.
Originally posted by natrone06:
The sam subject sure does bring the neadrathals out of hiding.

This.

I could really care less what the media says and if the 49ers are in the news every 5 min for drafting him I don't see how that is any different than being in the media every 5 min for drafting Marcus Lattimore. Plus, its more coverage and its positive coverage which is much better than what's been going on for the past few months.

If you get bent out of shape by what other teams fans will say I suggest talking to different fans.

As for the mock.....not bad.

I like Beckham, but the fact that his name is so publically attached to the 49ers tells me that they likely go in a completely different direction.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on May 7, 2014 at 12:35 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone