Who is on your "DO NOT DRAFT" list?

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Please,

Somebody watch this video, and after tell me why you don't like this guy.
I used to knock him too, but he would be PERFECT in our slot.

I like Robinson a lot. Big guy, moves very well on the field, good hands, great leaping ability. He's the complete package. I'd take him over Moncrief or Latimer.

Guy is overlooked here, love to have this guy

For a guy so big, he plays pretty weak. Not physical. Lazy blocker. Not fast, so he's not a deep threat. For a guy who's supposed to be a good route runner, he doesn't seem to ever gain separation. And worst of all, he's a body catcher.

Maybe he's still mourning Paterno
Its a highlight video. I've seen him play actual games. His 4.47 was at a pro-day. His Combine was a blistering 4.6. And he measured 6'2 5/8th (so 6'3ish) and 220 (7th highest weight at the Combine). So yeah, he's big and plays very small.

Last I checked 6'2 is not 6'3.
Wait, so he did run a 4.47? That's pretty fast if you ask me. Luckily that combine is now proven to just be a bad day for Robinson.
I cannot stand that people think he is a body catcher. That right there tells me you didn't watch as many of his games as I did.
Yes he grabs most with his body, but I've also seen him make some amazing grabs with his hands.
He has hands.
Ok so you want to argue about 3/8ths of an inch. Who cares, he's taller and weighs more than all WRs we have minus Baldwin yet plays soft. And I hope to God he has hands. And you admit he "grabs most with his body" but don't want to call him a body catcher? I've watched way more of Penn St. than I'd like to admit. I'm a big10 fan (well Purdue), so I've seen more than you, and your highlight videos you watch, could fathom.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Please,

I like Robinson a lot. Big guy, moves very well on the field, good hands, great leaping ability. He's the complete package. I'd take him over Moncrief or Latimer.

For a guy so big, he plays pretty weak. Not physical. Lazy blocker. Not fast, so he's not a deep threat. For a guy who's supposed to be a good route runner, he doesn't seem to ever gain separation. And worst of all, he's a body catcher.

Is this supposed to be some slight directed at me? Or are you busy wishing Sandusky would still shower with you?
Derek Carr
A trade up for Mike Evans
Kelvin Benjamin in the first
Bashaud Breeland
Louchiez Purifoy
Martavis Bryant before the 4th round

To name a few
Ok so you want to argue about 3/8ths of an inch. Who cares, he's taller and weighs more than all WRs we have minus Baldwin yet plays soft. And I hope to God he has hands. And you admit he "grabs most with his body" but don't want to call him a body catcher? I've watched way more of Penn St. than I'd like to admit. I'm a big10 fan (well Purdue), so I've seen more than you, and your highlight videos you watch, could fathom.

Its not an argument lol, 6'2 is 6'2. Besides, we haven't even outlined the parameters of what the NFL would consider a BIG WR so discussion on his size is irrelevant until such metrics have been established.
I've watched more Penn State that I care to admit as well, I'm not going to argue who has watched more games...

No, I meant I have seen countless people claim that he is only a body-catcher then they write him off. I'm saying that he does tend to rely on that ability, but he also has great hands... And if he needs to use them he does.
Luckily for us as well, I don't see him starting over Crabs or Boldin. Which means that he will probably be our slot WR or line up when we run a 4 WR set.
Do you know how many times the niners ran the ball last year while 3 or 4 WR were on the field? Not often, which means we won't rely on him as much to block as we would Crabs/Boldin.

For the direction I would like to think Roman is taking, Robinson would be a great first step.

Also, just because I can tell you checked the combine website for knocks on Robinson.. He doesn't weight 220.
He came in around 208

Is this supposed to be some slight directed at me? Or are you busy wishing Sandusky would still shower with you?

I was taking you seriously up until about here.
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 4, 2014 at 8:28 PM ]

Its not an argument lol, 6'2 is 6'2. Besides, we haven't even outlined the parameters of what the NFL would consider a BIG WR so discussion on his size is irrelevant until such metrics have been established.
I've watched more Penn State that I care to admit as well, I'm not going to argue who has watched more games...

No, I meant I have seen countless people claim that he is only a body-catcher then they write him off. I'm saying that he does tend to rely on that ability, but he also has great hands... And if he needs to use them he does.
Luckily for us as well, I don't see him starting over Crabs or Boldin. Which means that he will probably be our slot WR or line up when we run a 4 WR set.
Do you know how many times the niners ran the ball last year while 3 or 4 WR were on the field? Not often, which means we won't rely on him as much to block as we would Crabs/Boldin.

For the direction I would like to think Roman is taking, Robinson would be a great first step.

I was taking you seriously up until about here.

I haven't taken a thing you've said about Robinson seriously yet. So it is what it is. You want a big, tall body catching WR that likes to play like he's Kyle Williams size (as least Williams would try and block) and are defending him by showing a highlight video. All highlights show players looking good.
And the Sandusky comment wasn't directed at you. It was to the guy who said I was mourning Paterno (whatever he meant by that).
I haven't taken a thing you've said about Robinson seriously yet. So it is what it is. You want a big, tall body catching WR that likes to play like he's Kyle Williams size (as least Williams would try and block) and are defending him by showing a highlight video. All highlights show players looking good.
And the Sandusky comment wasn't directed at you. It was to the guy who said I was mourning Paterno (whatever he meant by that).

Dang man somebody is crabby today haha.
No, when did I say I wanted a big tall WR? I know you aren't talking about Robinson because we just established he isn't big... 6'2 210 IMO is average in the NFL for a WR

Yes, I understand what highlight videos can do, Thank you. I posted that because I wouldn't be surprised if there are some people knocking on this guy who haven't even seen him play a down of football. I honestly don't care about his size. I want a playmaker, I want somebody who is dangerous with the ball.
Since he would be our slot, blocking isn't of major concern, and neither is his size.
The fact that he "sometimes" catches the ball with his body would be a concern to me if I didn't think he could also catch the ball as well with his hands. Just because he has a tendency to catch the ball with his body is not a reason for us to think he wouldn't work on this team.

Pretty sure that was directed at Robinson, not you. Robinson mourning Paterno might have had something to do with him playing smaller than his size. It was a joke lol.

Pretty sure that was directed at Robinson, not you. Robinson mourning Paterno might have had something to do with him playing smaller than his size. It was a joke lol.
You are probably more than right. Thanks man. I apologize LVJay. I took your comment as a dig at me, when it was directed at Robinson. Sorry for my confusion.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Please,

Not at all, I just couldn't pass it up (both being from Penn St.)...

"Or are you busy wishing Sandusky would still shower with you?" .... I can't wait till that monster dies!

Travisty, it's all good... the comments on this page is crackin me up (from post #31 on down).
[ Edited by LVJay on May 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM ]

• LVJay
  • Veteran
I hope to high heavens we don't draft a RB and (ESPECIALLY) not a back up fullback... not even in the 7th rds, not the 8th rds, 9th rds and not even in the 10th
Paul Richardson

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I hope to high heavens we don't draft a RB and (ESPECIALLY) not a back up fullback... not even in the 7th rds, not the 8th rds, 9th rds and not even in the 10th

Why not a backup FB?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Why not a backup FB?

Harbs can just do his thing (undrafted FA) or when teams start cutting for the final roster... I just hope we don't use a 4th or even 5th rd pick on one and I hope we trade away all our 7th rds.
Micheal Sam and not because he's gay but because of the damn circus that would come with him. Plus, he's an average pass rusher at best, no explosion and one move.
Share 49ersWebzone