There are 164 users in the forums

ABs 2nd/Last WZ Collaborative Mock Draft- CIN(GoreFullBore) is OTC

I'm down AB
giants are still willing to trade down.
Originally posted by communist:
giants are still willing to trade down.

Doesn't look like a trade is happening. Make your pick.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Let's keep this puppy rolling.
Keep cool guys. I am not the one who has waited so long.

Will pick within 30 minutes.
Giants select DT Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh.
Would everyone be disappointed if Trent said FTW and traded up to 8-12 range to nab Donald?
According to my knowledge, a 5-technique DE has to be large, especially if it comes down to arm length. Donald is not large by any means.
Looks like its my turn, sorry for taking a bit guys

The Buffalo Bills select Eric Ebron, TE

Originally posted by communist:
According to my knowledge, a 5-technique DE has to be large, especially if it comes down to arm length. Donald is not large by any means.

I wouldn't say he has to be that large, especially in our scheme. Also he is only going to bulk up transitioning to the NFL. His ability to create pressure (and sacks) from the NT position could be useful In taking our D to the next level...a la Geno Atkins
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
I wouldn't say he has to be that large, especially in our scheme. Also he is only going to bulk up transitioning to the NFL. His ability to create pressure (and sacks) from the NT position could be useful In taking our D to the next level...a la Geno Atkins
a 3-4 DE has to be large.
But you seem to talk about 3-4NT, right? I don't think that we are NT-needy.

Aaron Donald is not Geno Atkins
NT needs to be big

Atkins is 6'1 325lbs
Donald isn't even over 300lbs (285)

IF he bulks up, he will lose some of that 4.6 40 speed, no way a guy over 300lbs is anywhere close to 4.6
Also, Hands are more active than strong -- could play with more pop and power. Overpowered in the run game and ground up by double teams. Gets snared and controlled by bigger, longer blockers. Not a two-gap player

I pulled that off the combine website... Those are the not problems you would want a NT to have
Lacks playing with power, overpowered in the run game, gets ground up by double teams, no way this guy can change into a NT,

He would LITERALLY have to become a different player
Yea I think he could play all the way around the line. Yes he's short, but THICK, he ways the same as Justin Smith right now.
Yea I think he could play all the way around the line. Yes he's short, but THICK, he ways the same as Justin Smith right now.

Same thing here, the Cowboy can fight through and draw double teams pretty dang well. He is also pretty effective in stopping the run game.
Donald isn't either of those things.

Donald's best fit IMO is a second string DT who plays along-side a fellow DT (in a 4-3) who has some bulk.
Share 49ersWebzone