LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Who's Going to Be the Big Bust In the Draft?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I just don't think Bridgewater will be a bust after all the off season criticism he's getting. After all the tape don't lie, his mechanics, arm strength, measureables, college success and mentality I think gives him all the reasons to succeed in the NFL.

I think Bridgewater is a much much better prospect coming outta college than Geno Smith, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert. Those were all good prospects IN college, I think Bridgewater will have a much more easier transition to the NFL than those mentioned.

IMO I think it will be:

Jadeveon Clowney - I don't think his attitude will change when he's given millions of dollars.

Kelvin Benjamin - All he's really got going is his big body, where's the speed at?? Not to mention he's not that great of a route runner.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, I think Benjamin is going to be a disappointment. The guy has got no separation speed. Another JJ Stokes, IMO.
People forget that JJ Stokes led the NFL in catch % and in first down catches for a couple years. He wasn't bad, he just wasn't great.

Benjamin could be good or he could be horrible.

I think Gilbert and Hageman could be busts.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Jadeveon Gilbert Watkins the 3rd
I don't think Clowney will be a bust, but I don't think he'll live up to the top pick in the draft either.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Originally posted by BobS:
I will go with Johnny Manziel. Too immature to deal when his sandlot style doesn't work in the NFL.

Sandlot style works for Russell.
I just saw a lot of plays were Manziel escaped getting nailed by a matter of inches. With the quicker pro game I think those barely escapes turn into negative plays and getting his bell rung.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scoots:
People forget that JJ Stokes led the NFL in catch % and in first down catches for a couple years. He wasn't bad, he just wasn't great.

Benjamin could be good or he could be horrible.

I think Gilbert and Hageman could be busts.
He was a top ten pick and ended up being our # 3 receiver. I would consider that a huge disappointment.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I just don't think Bridgewater will be a bust after all the off season criticism he's getting. After all the tape don't lie, his mechanics, arm strength, measureables, college success and mentality I think gives him all the reasons to succeed in the NFL.

I think Bridgewater is a much much better prospect coming outta college than Geno Smith, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert. Those were all good prospects IN college, I think Bridgewater will have a much more easier transition to the NFL than those mentioned.

IMO I think it will be:

Jadeveon Clowney - I don't think his attitude will change when he's given millions of dollars.

Kelvin Benjamin - All he's really got going is his big body, where's the speed at?? Not to mention he's not that great of a route runner.

It baffles me how pro days and a couple of bad workouts make him fall so far. Tape doesn't lie, he performs on game day.
Originally posted by BobS:
He was a top ten pick and ended up being our # 3 receiver. I would consider that a huge disappointment.

I didn't say he wasn't a disappointment, I said he wasn't bad. People talk about him like he was bad and he wasn't. He just wasn't as good as Jerry Rice and Terell Owens ... but then again not many WRs were.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Kelvin Benjamin !!!

Old for a rookie. Lazy. Has had weight issues. Only 84 career catches in College. Reminds me of a baby giraffe leaning to walk.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000340599/article/fsu-wr-kelvin-benjamin-blows-off-nfl-team-workout

they said the same thing about alshon jeffrey

yep, indeed. Look how well that turned out so far for Chicago. Got an amazing pickup.

And they said the same thing about USC Mike Williams as well. And Alshon never had inconsistent hands, played 3 years (not two) and had about 100 more catches in College.

My personal bust list goes as follows:

Kelvin Benjamin-Raw but old, less gifted athletically than a guy like Bryant but no less raw.

Bradley Roby-Million dollar athleticism and talent, lacking upstairs. Not sure he has the mental acuity to be a top NFL CB.

HaHa Clinton Dix-The more I've seen of him, the more I question whether he'll live up to his draft position, looked tentative at times, passive.

Cyrus Kouandijo-Injury issues abound, this guy has talent but if what I'm hearing about teams considering him in the 1st round is true, then he goes on to the list.
I really think of all the non-QBs, Calvin Pryor is the most likely first round bust. All of the tape I watched of him vs his best competition was lacking any wow factor. He has a nice highlight reel, but almost all of those came against sub-par talent.
i feel like evans or johnny football are overrated.
I'll say Anthony Barr especially if he's drafted by a 4-3 team like Dallas. Dallas is supposedly in love with Barr. I just don't see a 250 pound 4-3 defensive end making it. If he adds 25 to 30 pounds he will lose his speed. Barr is a stand up 3-4 OLB.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Marqise Lee

I pray the niners do not take Marquis Lee. I saw him play at USC at several games, and he gives up on way to many plays. Sulks when he walks back to huddle when the play does not involve him. He is the opposite of Zach Ertzs, who I wantedc the niners to take last year. He hustled and never hung his head low.
Share 49ersWebzone